Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

NBNCo new house data points

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

im about to move into my new home in the Willowdale estate, its a nbn ready area and the house has a NBNCo box in the garage . My house came with x2 data points as standard inclusions.... As the house was already under construction when i bought it i wasnt able to ad extra data points to the 2nd floor. My question is how many data points can a setup like this take before i need to upgrade hardware? Any info is appreciated
You could connect a switch to one of the data point, then from there extend out your network using wifi.

Another option would be to use Ethernet over Power adapters. They come in pairs, so connect one end into the powerpoint (same room as above switch) and use one of the switch port. Then connect the other adapter into the powerpoint where you want the data to come out. If you want more ports where this comes out then add a switch.

Not the neatest solution but will get you data upstairs easily.

I'm currently using the below in an old house and it's working pretty well.

Related
17/01/2024
Data Points

Building A New House

If you're referring to Eufy homebase, then just put a switch between a datapoint and put the homebase elsewhere near another device in your home unless you want teh…

12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum