Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Which amp & speaker package?

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I have a laptop that I use as my all in one HTPC – movies, TV, music etc. I am looking to get an amp & speaker package that would server the purpose for under $500. I have seen a few package deals at JB Hifi and looked at this one yesterday:

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/home-theatre/y ... sku-90039/

My main priority is for it to allow my music to be cranked reasonably loud – the sales guy at JB assured me this would do the job, but is geared more for your HT movies experience.

Can anyone recommend if this would suit my needs, or something similar in that ballpark?
For the price point that should be fine. Another one to look at might be this one:
http://dicksmith.com.au/product/AE3650/pioneer-vsxs300-av-receiver-with-satellite-speakers
For under $500 that would be a reasonable option but I think I would want to define loud...

There is loud and then there is loud and clear

The larger the speakers the more chance there is of having both but you would need to increase your budget a bit.
Thanks Matt.. I have a 3 yo toddler so my loud isn't what it used to be!! Just as I was about to commit JB jacked up their price!!
Why not look at an in wall package of speakers??
Quote:
Why not look at an in wall package of speakers??

I am considering as well what type of speakers to put in the house that we are building. But if we put in wall, we have to know from now the size and also buy the speakers immediately. isn't it better to buy something that you would have the option to buy different size in future or at least have the option?

Hi Fekish,

Not really.

In wall and in ceiling speakers come in lots of different sizes allowing for many different applications.

It would be great to be able to locate them symetrically for the installation but most houses allow for this even after it is built.

It is definately worth considering.
Related
22/05/2024
speaker cable

Building A New House

16 gauge speaker wire

25/05/2024
Traditional Speaker or Soundbar for Media

Building A New House

your always amazing and lifesaver Simeon . Great thanks a lot >

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation