Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

eBay projector

Page 1 of 1
I'm looking around for a projector and I have come across a 1080p HD projector with built in tuner and hdmi on eBay for $339. Does anyone have personal experience with one of these? I have you tubed them and there are a few clips and don't look that bad however I'm thinking it could be a little bit to good to be true as u would expect to pay $2k + anywhere else for one of these.
There is more to a good picture than resolution.
I no that, thats why I am asking if anyone knows what they are like.
Hi It0373,

This is not what it seems. It's a trick to say that it "supports" 1080p but the actual native resolution that it outputs is 800x600. That means that it will accept a 1920 x 1080p HD signal that is sent to it but it will dumb it down to 800x600 to play it. That also means that it will try to play everything in 4:3 ratio rather that 16:9, even though it says it has a 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio button. If you really want to play HD you need to find a projector that says "Native 1080p".
Without sounding too biased...

They are great value for the money but in comparison to any other projector on the market they are rubbish.

Sorry!
As my mum always said, 'You get what you pay for' and 'If it seems too good to be true, it asually is'.lol
We have a dedicated theatre room so spent $3000 on a good projector and screen.
Good luck.
My mate bought one of these ebay projectors full 1080 hdmi etc a couple of months ago and he also bought a motorised screen with it etc.. I will say Ive seen better quality projectors but for the price you cant go wrong. Really great to play video games on and watch tv. If you cant afford a good projector the ebay ones are still worth getting.
Related
You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum