Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Windows

Page 1 of 1
I am thinking of waiting till final inspection before plastering them in. Good idea or not ? It's such a shame that you need windows in a home theatre room. What are the chances of calling it a store room and having no windows? I am still at design stage.

Mick01
I would leave the windows in, because one day you may want to use the room for something else, and if you ever re-sell, you wouldn't want a main room without any windows in it.

Maybe you could put a highlight strip window in the room, which wouldn't be large enough to bother you, but is big enough to let enough natural light in if required.

I have a large window at the back of my theatre, but I have covered the whole back wall in heavy drapes, and placed the theatre seating in front of it. Not only does it give a theatre feel to the room, the drapes actually help with the sound.
Related
30/06/2023
Bedroom Windows

Building A New House

Hi, I'm planning to build a new house and wanted to get some feedback on the different window designs for a master bedroom. Our bedroom is north facing and the bed will…

18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum