Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Lights and cabling (bare minimum with project builder)?

Page 1 of 1
What is the bare minimum i must do with the project builder and what can i do after handover. the project builder costs are too high plus i have to pay a margin of 25% to the builder plus their electrical subcontractor probably also has a margin say with a clipsal integrator

1) smart wiring/ lighting. similar to cbus/ dimmer switches/ alarm wiring etc. can we install all hardware and fitout after handover. what is the bare minimum "smartwiring" related things which need to be done during build. i assume the wiring design is different from standard so i suppose this might be one item which must be done during build

2) structured cabling/ security cameras/ speaker/ phone etc - cat6 rg6...do i ask the builder to roll out all the cabling simply to a single location and they are left hanging there until after handover when i bring my own people to do the job

i'm in sydney. if there is anyone who does this stuff and can provide clear guidelines on what the builder must do vs can do i'm happy to take advice
Related
27/12/2023
‘Basement’ waterproofing bare bricks

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

to do it properly you need to dig out the garden and waterproof the outside of the wall. There are some products you can put on the face of the bricks but the water is…

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

29/10/2023
Sewer line minimum depth in NSW

Building A New House

Hi, only for walking. It is a narrow 1.5m paved area next to house.

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum