Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Foxtel cable in underground Telstra phone cable conduit?

Page 1 of 1
Question for the licensed cablers here...

Services are underground, power and phone. Both of which have already been run in the same trench (in sep conduits of course)

The phone cable isn't connected at the street end just yet so its just the conduit sticking out of the dirt. At the other end it is sticking out of the dirt just to the edge of the slab to come up below the meter box.

I will be doing foxtel cable for paytv and internet. So I'm wondering will the foxtel cable be able to be pushed through the same conduit containing the phone line and have the external box located on the wall below the meter box?

At frame stage, I was going to get a data cabler to wire up the house and at the same time as the data points do the foxtel and TV runs to various rooms.

Is this going to work, or does foxtel need to be wired by Telstra to the first point at least?

Can an approved licensed cabler do all the work I want in 1 shot? Data, TV, Foxtel?
dave-
Is this going to work, or does foxtel need to be wired by Telstra to the first point at least?

Can an approved licensed cabler do all the work I want in 1 shot? Data, TV, Foxtel?

best to be done when the sparky is in...

and yes ... TV and foxtel run onthe same cable type quad shielded RG-6
The cables need to be in separate conduits.

They will come from different service pits in the street.

It seems weird if the telephone is just sticking out of the dirt on the street side.

it should be run to the service pit.

I'd call foxtel and ask their install rates and explain the situation fully to them.

them ask the sparky onsite his price. BEFORE THE CONDUIT TRENCH IS FILLED IN !
The street is overhead lines so I'm the only one with underground services (council requirements for new developments... heh)

The power runs down the nearest pole going underground to a pit in the front left corner of my block. On the same pole there are Telstra labelled conduits running down so I assume that the phone and foxtel will go down these also.

The sparky ran the seperate phone conduit to the same location as the power pit and has left it loose. I don't think he got around to doing it at the time and will finish later on. That part of the trench hasn't been fully filled in yet.

The Telstra service pit from memory is located in the path between the pole and the corner of my block. I figured since phone/power run down the pole and underground, then the Foxtel cable would also and the cabler would just push it thru the same conduit as the phone to come up below the meter box?

So am I gonna have to dig up the trench again?

(Would photos help?)
definetly sounds like another trench is required.. contact telstra tho... i belive they will need to change the cable type... hmm gell filled coax...yummy mess
Related
28/07/2023
Responsibility on Builder or Customer: Conduit Issue

General Discussion

the conduit would need to be undamaged regardless of what network is in play. The conduit needs to be able to have fibre run through it. NBN and Opticomm are just…

15/06/2023
Duplexes with Temporary Underground Services

Building A New House

Hi JW I just read your post and I find this situation quite strange. When we build, we get a temp pole for construction which becomes the permanent pole for one of the…

17/09/2023
Underground S Bend Plumbing

General Discussion

Why do you say its blocked?

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum