Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

DOLBY ATMOS

Page 2 of 2
got the 4 speakers! if you can afford it.

go to the dolby site and see if you can make sense of it.

Ask in the dtv forums here in oz.

mixo
Just catching up on this thread, at final stages of cinema roon need to purchase speakers and run cables soon. should i go 4 or 2 atmos ceiling speakers 6x4.5 room 2.4 ceilings witha 160mm step up at rear.

need help.
If i was you I would be installing cables in for 4 ceiling speakers and for 7.1 system.Even if you never go 7.1.4 at least you have it easy when you decide to do so.

Cable is cheap...

mixo
My only question with that is if you put 2 atmos speakers in then want to go with 4 at a later date would you have to relocate the original 2 atmos speakers or are they going to be in the right spots as I've heard they have to be in certain positions
No. look at the dolby site for speaker position.

mixo
Yes defiantly different positions from 2-4 speaker setup ok will need to decide.
mixo
No. look at the dolby site for speaker position.

mixo

They look like they are in different positions to me. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing?
yes they are, my mistake...

decisions decisions..

I would go 4 if your budget allows...

But in saying this your room is not exactly long(4.5mtrs)

I have gone 7.2.4 which has blown my budget!(room is 7mtr)

but I have been buying things on sale so I have paired it down a little.

Next on my list is the amp/amps depending on what make model i get.

mixo

p.s you really should post this in the dtv forums as there many knowledgeable people.
p.s.s Also see some hi-fi shops and listen to what they say..
Is 6.2 meters from screen to back wall, 4.5 meters wide my main concern was ceiling height.
Running 2x 12 inch subs and most likely 7 channel surround if i feel i can get enough distance between rear surround speakers, although im not really sure what blurays are encoded in 7 channel surround anyway.

Another question? looking at 4k projectors and player or do i buy cheap 1080 projector and player and update in 12 months when 4K is more readily available from past experience i will save the $1500 i need to spend now in 12 months anyway and technology will be better as well.

What would you people do???
I have LCR 15 inch base with horns and two 18 inch subs. That is the krix wall of sound. I have four speakers in the roof and two on the side and rear walls.

The room is 6.1*5.0*3.3. I will have a false wall with a 160 inch at screen and a Sony 4k projector.

I have around 400 blue rays and you get plenty 7 channel encoded movies.

Of course budget comes into it but would wire for more speakers even if you don't do it now.

Can wait to see your room evolve.

Cheers
Mark
I bought a benq 1100 for now and when 4k comes under 3k then I might consider it in a few years.

Early days for 4k projection, even the big players have just released 4k projectors.If you have that much coin speakers are cheap!

I have started on the cheaper end of things, upgrades can happen later i.e better screen tech, 4k projector..

mixo
I'm currently sticking with my BenQ W5000 from a few years ago, although that said my HT room isn't finished yet.

I'm figuring that by the time I'm finished, and upgraded to new screen, it might then be time to upgrade projector, as 4k will certainly be very mainstream by then, and prices more settled.
Hi Aussie Mark what receiver amp are you using to power those 11 speakers? I am looking at a yamaha 3079/3050 however they only have 9 channel amp, so i have to choose between 7 channel surround and 2 ceiling or 5 surround and 4 ceiling or i have to add additional amp.

Cheers Dean
yamaha 3050 will do the job BUT you need a separate 2 ch amp to power the last 2 speakers.easily done with the 3050.

mixo
kassan1973
Hi Aussie Mark what receiver amp are you using to power those 11 speakers?

I am using the Yamaha MXA 5000 power matched with a CXA5100 to drive all the surrounds and have a McIntosh to drive the wall of sound. I think I will have a channel to spare.....

Its the dream room for me so I have indulged.

Cheers
Mark
Related
You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum