Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone here a designer or handy with designs?

Page 1 of 1
Howdy,

I'm wondering if theres anyone here who is a designer or good with design programs that could help me out with a floor plan..? I have a house design with measurements etc but i want to add an area, alter another and adjust some of the room sizes etc..the design i have is from a company who does not build in my area so i can not ask them to help adjust it..

It all seems like it would be straightforward to me if you have the right program and played around with it before but i don't want to pay someone thousands of dollars just to get the layout i want..

Anyone a hobbyist or budding architect that wants to take a look for me?
Obviously i would donate enough Dan Murphy gift cards to help the process along..

Thanks
Sooo, basically you want to steal someones copyrighted plans and copy them, then adjust them to suit your ideas???
Hmmm, good luck getting a response from any professional here...

Stewie
Jesus
Howdy,

I'm wondering if theres anyone here who is a designer or good with design programs that could help me out with a floor plan..? I have a house design with measurements etc but i want to add an area, alter another and adjust some of the room sizes etc..the design i have is from a company who does not build in my area so i can not ask them to help adjust it..

It all seems like it would be straightforward to me if you have the right program and played around with it before but i don't want to pay someone thousands of dollars just to get the layout i want..

Anyone a hobbyist or budding architect that wants to take a look for me?
Obviously i would donate enough Dan Murphy gift cards to help the process along..

Thanks

Wrong forum mate, but i'm sure there are thousands of of unemployed design students that would jump at your offer
LOL try airtaker..they'll take 1/3 of the carton while sucking the o2 out of the industry..get it
OT, the project builders have screwed up the industry by offering free sketches... to those that join, only to send me pms, engineering Bim is not free, folks
Nor do they help battlers and punters searching for information and data
Stewie D
Sooo, basically you want to steal someones copyrighted plans and copy them, then adjust them to suit your ideas???

Stewie

Seriously, Tell that to the Chinese who copy,reverse engineer,optimise,. automate, improve and sell at a fraction of the cost, without giving a sh!t about copyright .
Welcome to globalisation and new world order.
Cheers
So you wouldn't have a problem with anyone stealing any of your designs?

Stewie
You pretty much give away everything that gets put on the internet...
If you have something to protect then break it down and use appsb4Ubuild the visual data and proofs guarantee instant project success, on many levels,ie, transparency , better understanding, less waste, risk sharing & project control, lower costs, etc,etc
.LOL , Tik Tok times ticking down for change ...get it
Cheers
if the plans already belong to you and are not subject to copywright, i'd be happy to attempt some variations from a hand drawn sketch if you include rough dimensions of every room, a siteplan showing length and width or your block, good or bad views, size and direction of slopes, required setbacks from every boundary, location of north and driveway, a description of the family who will live in the house, your climate and a wish list of essential, nice to have, max size in sqm and any special extras like roof shapes, disabled access etc..my rough CAD plan will be good enough to show to a qualified draughtsperson to complete the necessary final plans and add fine details that need on site inspections and local knowledge for which i'm very happy to pay my draughtperson at least $100ph plus retainer, depending on the size of the job ..your house design and plan drawings are not the place to skimp but i'll try and help but i don't drink so a suitable donation to a children's charity would be acceptable
$100 per hour for the draftsman?
Is this world going crazy?

This is what you pay for a good architect to work on your plans.
none of the architects i'm aware of come that cheap but the draughtperson's $100 per hour fee is for variations after an agreed fixed price that includes careful on site measurements, BASIX, council applications, design consult, local knowledge, up to date regulations, heritage plans etc etc and worth every dollar as it's all very well to come up with a good idea but the plans have to fit within the legal possibilities and good planning is the foundation on which everything else depends and anything else is just the decorations that seems to have so much more time and money invested
alexp79 you'd have to be kidding wouldn't you? An average architect would charge you min $150 per hr. let alone a "good" one.
From here... https://www.realestate.com.au/lifestyle ... t-in-2019/

"That means for a $600,000 build, an architect might charge between $30,000 and $90,000."
I'd have most of what you'd need to lodge a DA in a week. A bit longer for the CC. At $30-$90,000 per job, I wouldn't mind that each week!

Stewie
Stewie D

Stewie

No i'm not trying to steal anything, i just have a house plan that i mostly like so i was going to use it as a base and change what's required..all i have is lines on a page with basic dimensions so once i adjust them and delete/add rooms etc it will be quite different..By your way of thinking we should only have 1 car being built by the original manufacturer because they all have the same principals etc..
I would be willing to bet that even some house builders who own whatever rights to a plan could be seen as having "stolen" them due to there being so many designs on the internet that would be very similar..
Jesus
Stewie D

Stewie

No i'm not trying to steal anything, i just have a house plan that i mostly like so i was going to use it as a base and change what's required..all i have is lines on a page with basic dimensions so once i adjust them and delete/add rooms etc it will be quite different..By your way of thinking we should only have 1 car being built by the original manufacturer because they all have the same principals etc..
I would be willing to bet that even some house builders who own whatever rights to a plan could be seen as having "stolen" them due to there being so many designs on the internet that would be very similar..

if you send me the details as requested i will see what i can do
oklouise
Jesus
Stewie D

Stewie

if you send me the details as requested i will see what i can do

Hey,
I just sent you a msg before i realised you posted this..

Thanks
oklouise, let me know if you didn't get my message..

Thanks
Jesus, have a look at some of these links and make up your own mind...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71740
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97472&p=1869958&hilit=copyright#p1869958

Stewie
Ye ok i will have a look..but im genuinely not trying to do the wrong thing here..I just found something similar to what i want and will make more than enough changes for it to be not what it was..
You should download a free or not quite free software program ( <$100 ) and have a play with it. Most of them are pretty easy to get up and running in no time.

Stewie
Related
19/07/2023
Shallow lot designs

General Discussion

Would anyone on this forum know of a builder/company in Brisbane with house designs for a shallow block. I have a block 20 x 20 so with front and rear set backs I need a…

13/05/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

😃 will do an exclusive one for Simeon.. COVID back at home.. kept it simple & we moved in.. & yesterday was the first day at our new home.. Few more bits to go -…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum