Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mcdonald Jones homes or Clarendon Homes.

Page 1 of 1
Hi lovely people,

Planning to build our first new home. Just at the very beginning stage and discussing plan with different builders. So far, really like MJH st clair design according to our block size. Wondering if anyone gone through MJH, please share your experience. We also like Clarendon homes Boston 34. So abit confused between MJH and Clarendon. We are newbies in this matter. Please share your experience. Much appreciated.

Thanks
Sunny 14
Hi lovely people,

Planning to build our first new home. Just at the very beginning stage and discussing plan with different builders. So far, really like MJH st clair design according to our block size. Wondering if anyone gone through MJH, please share your experience. We also like Clarendon homes Boston 34. So abit confused between MJH and Clarendon. We are newbies in this matter. Please share your experience. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Sunny,

Just moved into a Clarendon 35, 3 days back. Happy with the finished product and process though would have loved the build time to be atleast 4weeks shorter. I have no exp with MJH though based on my research they are preferred for single storey homes...but do your research
Hi ad0303,

Thanks for the response. yea i guess have to do more research.
cheers
The best thing to do is get the full quote including any changes you want done on both and ask all the questions on what is exactly included. McJones have nice showrooms but majority of their displays are upgrades including things like recessed niches in hallways, drop down ceilings which most think it is standard to the homes.
Clarendon seem more transparent on whats included and if you are looking at double story they build them everyday where as the previous person said McJones do single storys and the odd occasion doubles.
Both companies are struggling with sales as are most builders so dont be afraid to ask for discount or free upgrades.
In regards to the 45K special off the house be very carefull and read all the paperwork
Splashers
The best thing to do is get the full quote including any changes you want done on both and ask all the questions on what is exactly included. McJones have nice showrooms but majority of their displays are upgrades including things like recessed niches in hallways, drop down ceilings which most think it is standard to the homes.
Clarendon seem more transparent on whats included and if you are looking at double story they build them everyday where as the previous person said McJones do single storys and the odd occasion doubles.
Both companies are struggling with sales as are most builders so dont be afraid to ask for discount or free upgrades.
In regards to the 45K special off the house be very carefull and read all the paperwork

Thanks for the response. Yes we will get the quotes from at least 3 builders and then compare according to what are our needs. What are the main and basic things to look and compare?? Sorry i know this is basic questions, but we have little knowledge regarding building. Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks😊
viewtopic.php?p=1034752#p1034752

Check out this page in forums its long but read it and it has a lot of good info
Where is your block?

You need a good site superviser, as this person is your go to person for any complaints, had a good one at the end for North & West Sydney from MJH, not sure what the ones in the south are like.
amckern
Where is your block?
Hello.. Thanks for the response 😊
My blcok is in suburb glendenning.. West sydney.. Its a knock down rebuild... Block size is 427sqm...i been in touch with one of the MJH admin staff at marsden park and he is good help and communication so far good.. Still in the process developing plan. ..i really like their st clair double story display house at marsden park...
You need a good site superviser, as this person is your go to person for any complaints, had a good one at the end for North & West Sydney from MJH, not sure what the ones in the south are like.
Thnks again... Yea its long but very useful info.. I will give a good one day to read it😊

Check out this page in forums its long but read it and it has a lot of good info[/quote]
Sunny 14
Thnks again... Yea its long but very useful info.. I will give a good one day to read it😊

Check out this page in forums its long but read it and it has a lot of good info
[/quote]
Thanks heaps. The
Hi sunny 14,

Which one did you end up going with? We are also choosing between the st Clair 37 and Boston 34 with extended rumpus/alfresco like the display home at Marsden park.
Sansan
Hi sunny 14,

Which one did you end up going with? We are also choosing between the st Clair 37 and Boston 34 with extended rumpus/alfresco like the display home at Marsden park.

My tip is do a search on here for "Boston 36". There is a great thread from a guy who built in Sylvania. His ended up costing round $720,000 and there is some feedback from other Clarendon customers.

I lived in a brand new Boston 42 ( i think it was the 42 we rented it brand new whilst building so I had to deal with all the defects as the owner was overseas) in 2018-2019 and we had some serious quality issues. The roof leaked so badly ( I can send you videos) and there were many other issues that are too many to mention here.

Anyway, good luck

Simeon
Thanks. I have yet to see the boston 36.
Leak issue sounds terrible!!! I’m currently dealing with leak issues in a old hence, hence KDR.
Sansan
Thanks. I have yet to see the boston 36.
Leak issue sounds terrible!!! I’m currently dealing with leak issues in a old hence, hence KDR.

roof leaks suck, The main point of building a shelter is to stay dry right!
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum