Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our new build @Wellard with Impressions

Page 1 of 2
I've been thinking about starting this post since our slab was down but its just been so crazy busy. Finally, here it is.

We are at lock-up now and getting closer to completion. Would love to hear what you guys think and possibly get some ideas. There are few things that have not turned out as expected and we are looking for some remedial ideas for them.

Attaching the plans to start with and the facade feature. This is our biggest worry, we get these vanadium stains (green looking) which are normal but being the feature in the facade, we want to do something about it and looking for ideas.

@impressions the Home Builder @providenceestate @westernaustralia
Looks nice. Enjoy your home building
Karlos1001
Looks nice. Enjoy your home building

Thank you Karlos1001.
Just get some cladding to tile over the top of the brickwork - nice feature and won't stain etc etc, plus plenty of different style etc to choose from.

Either that or can just render over it.. other than that, how have you found impressions??

Looking forward to seeing some more pics 👍
KodaCujo
Just get some cladding to tile over the top of the brickwork - nice feature and won't stain etc etc, plus plenty of different style etc to choose from.

Either that or can just render over it.. other than that, how have you found impressions??

Looking forward to seeing some more pics 👍

Hello KosaCujo - thank you for the suggestion, we are getting cladding for the area around the window (like in the display home pic below). We want to keep the brick look which looks great with the cladding in the background.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can get rid of those stains permanently? one other suggestion was to use a sealer and external paint with different shades.

@Impressions the Home Builder have been great so far. Right from the sales rep who customised the floor plan to suit our needs and offered great suggestions to the construction coordinator who is keeping us updated at every step.

Are you building with them or planing to??

Nice one 👍 I've read somewhere chlorine may be able to sort stains of those nature - don't quote me on it though 😜

Were building through HomeGroup - so far so good! Bricks started last week 😊 I have a thread going if you click my username and find it 🙃
Getting closer, what are your thoughts on installing the kitchen splashback tiles to the ceiling? or would painting be a better idea?

spinvests
Getting closer, what are your thoughts on installing the kitchen splashback tiles to the ceiling? or would painting be a better idea?

They look nice - why not?! 😁 Or alternatively you could get extra cupboards installed to fill the gap 👍👍
KodaCujo
spinvests

They look nice - why not?! 😁 Or alternatively you could get extra cupboards installed to fill the gap 👍👍

Thank you. The builder hasn't agreed for us to get this done pre-handover so it'll have to wait until after. Once the rangehood is installed, it'll get a bit messy and too much work. Or the tiler has to cut around the rangehood (again more work). I'll get some tilers to have a look as see what they suggest.

What do you think about the paint option, something from the Haymes Artisan collection?
I probably jumped the gun on my review about @Impressions the Home Builder. Sales and admin were exceptional but the last few weeks have not been the way I'd like to be treated as a customer.

We are not happy about a couple of things and the main one being the soap dish in the bathroom which we were told we cannot leave undecided at the tile shop. And obviously did not revisit at pre-start amongst the million things we discussed. However, I would have expected the pre-start rep to point out the mismatch or double checked with us. Brown feature and black tapware throughout the house but a white ceramic soap dish which looks really odd.

What is more disappointing is the lack of responsiveness and customer service. The soap dish issue can be fixed but the efforts and the communication from the builder is not being shown.
spinvests
I probably jumped the gun on my review about @Impressions the Home Builder. Sales and admin were exceptional but the last few weeks have not been the way I'd like to be treated as a customer.

We are not happy about a couple of things and the main one being the soap dish in the bathroom which we were told we cannot leave undecided at the tile shop. And obviously did not revisit at pre-start amongst the million things we discussed. However, I would have expected the pre-start rep to point out the mismatch or double checked with us. Brown feature and black tapware throughout the house but a white ceramic soap dish which looks really odd.

What is more disappointing is the lack of responsiveness and customer service. The soap dish issue can be fixed but the efforts and the communication from the builder is not being shown.

Sounds like a pretty minor problem to be fair, unless there's other larger problems aswell 😬😔

Hope you can sort it all out soon! 😁
KodaCujo
spinvests

Sounds like a pretty minor problem to be fair, unless there's other larger problems aswell 😬😔

true, I spoke to the manager yesterday and he was very helpful. I am glad I spoke to him.
spinvests
KodaCujo
spinvests

true, I spoke to the manager yesterday and he was very helpful. I am glad I spoke to him.

Happy days 😁
spinvests
What is more disappointing is the lack of responsiveness and customer service.

Sounds like my experiences with BGC, which is unfortunate to hear others feeling the same. There are so many things to consider at prestart that you really need to rely on your consultant and that's the one thing that really worries me if I miss something myself will they pick it up and help me out?

Anyway glad that after speaking to a supervisor its been taken care of for you.
itsmartin
spinvests

Sounds like my experiences with BGC, which is unfortunate to hear others feeling the same. There are so many things to consider at prestart that you really need to rely on your consultant and that's the one thing that really worries me if I miss something myself will they pick it up and help me out?

Agree totally. 3 hrs to pick and decide on everything that goes into your house is too short. If we do it again, I would request the pre-start to be broken into 2 sessions on two different days. Doesn't matter which builder, 3 hrs is not enough to go through all the options and make decisions. Most importantly you'd have to put together everything that you picked (wall tiles, floor tiles, tap wear, toilets, sinks, etc.) and visualise it and then have the skills to identify anything that doesn't match.

This is where the consultant's expertise should come in. It easy to pick the ONE thing that doesn't match.
spinvests
itsmartin
spinvests

Agree totally. 3 hrs to pick and decide on everything that goes into your house is too short. If we do it again, I would request the pre-start to be broken into 2 sessions on two different days. Doesn't matter which builder, 3 hrs is not enough to go through all the options and make decisions. Most importantly you'd have to put together everything that you picked (wall tiles, floor tiles, tap wear, toilets, sinks, etc.) and visualise it and then have the skills to identify anything that doesn't match.

This is where the consultant's expertise should come in. It easy to pick the ONE thing that doesn't match.

Homegroup do two seperate sittings for your prestart. One is a tile and laminate meeting and then the rest gets done on the other meeting. Not the worst way to do things we found!
I wish we had that, its super helpful. But i'm glad its over and our concerns are being addressed (at least we've been assured they will be addressed so fingers crossed).
Finally, we got our keys. Not before some drama by the bank and the builder. But yes, we now have the keys and very happy.
Congratulations Spinvests.
Related
22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum