Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Build - Bushmead Estate, WA

Page 1 of 1
Hi All - Looking to build a new house out in Bushmead (new housing estate east of Perth) and wondering if there is anyone who either has built out there or is currently in the process of doing the same?

I found a few threads from a few years ago, but more interested to hear any recent opinions and experiences on the build and what life has been like out there.

I will also post my build progress on this thread once things progress further.
I'll follow this, because I couldn't afford the extra 50k+ to build there
Hi All - got the building drawings, keen to hear other's feedback - especially around the room sizes.

I can't mess with it too much at this point, but was thinking to reduce the depth of Bed 3 to make it more like a study/spare and increase the depth of Bed 2 and 4 to make them a bit more roomy.

I have been through the display home which is almost identical, so do have a good idea for how it all looks.

Depends on your situation, if you’ve got three kids or planning on having in the future I’d leave it as 3 similar sized bedrooms. If this is your forever home then do what works. Also would depend on the area is a four bedroom home more sort after therefore paying a much higher premium than a 3 plus study?
Ideally I would of added and additional 500mm to the length of the house(bedroom side) and made the bedrooms are bit more spacious, allowing for 3 reasonable sized bedrooms. Although the bedrooms say they are 4030 x2980, in reality they are 3300x2980 as the wardrobe takes up 700mm of that space.
Just one other comment if I may....I’m not sure why builders still have glass sliding doors in laundries, all they achieve is an area between bench or washing machine and the glass, a moist dust catcher, if you can put a glass normal opening door on there, it will allow you to run cabinetry all the way to the wall.
Also just make sure having the garage door opening inwards allows you to open the door with a car parked there, if not opening the door the other way into the laundry hallway will work, we currently have that set up in our rental and I have to angle my car when parking so we can open the door.
Good luck, its a great plan
Mikey92

Keep saving - The second stage (Bushmead South) is only a year or two away and you will have some choice of great blocks.

Don't worry too much about missing out on the grants - all the builders have increased their prices anyway you will end up paying more.
gogo65
Depends on your situation, if you’ve got three kids or planning on having in the future I’d leave it as 3 similar sized bedrooms. If this is your forever home then do what works. Also would depend on the area is a four bedroom home more sort after therefore paying a much higher premium than a 3 plus study?
Ideally I would of added and additional 500mm to the length of the house(bedroom side) and made the bedrooms are bit more spacious, allowing for 3 reasonable sized bedrooms. Although the bedrooms say they are 4030 x2980, in reality they are 3300x2980 as the wardrobe takes up 700mm of that space.
Just one other comment if I may....I’m not sure why builders still have glass sliding doors in laundries, all they achieve is an area between bench or washing machine and the glass, a moist dust catcher, if you can put a glass normal opening door on there, it will allow you to run cabinetry all the way to the wall.
Also just make sure having the garage door opening inwards allows you to open the door with a car parked there, if not opening the door the other way into the laundry hallway will work, we currently have that set up in our rental and I have to angle my car when parking so we can open the door.
Good luck, its a great plan

Thanks for the feedback - totally agree.

Unfortunately with the block size and council requirements, I can't make it any longer - that's why I was thinking reduce Bed 3.

I think I will just have to leave as is - messing with Bed 3 may reduce future resale or rental appeal, as the design is more geared toward a decent family home.

How big are your bedrooms?
zoltaire
Mikey92

Keep saving - The second stage (Bushmead South) is only a year or two away and you will have some choice of great blocks.

Don't worry too much about missing out on the grants - all the builders have increased their prices anyway you will end up paying more.

Nah man, we had started our planning back in November '19. Chose our block etc. last year in Ellenbrook. The grants are just a bonus given the timing.
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum