Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New home - Does anyone pay for annual termite inspections

Page 1 of 1
Hi All. I've recently completed and moved into newly built home. In the documentation for termite barrier it says 12 month inspections are required otherwise termite warranty will be void.

Just wondering if others in same position actually do this annual inspection?
We have been in our house for nearly 2 years and we did the inspection last year (cost about $250). We are due to get it done again next month and will do it.
Built in 2011, had Termimesh installed as part of the build and still get annual inspections done. That said I'm pretty sure if we did have an issue Termimesh would probably knock back any warranty claim because we've used a Pest Treatment company to do the inspections.
There are some warranties that would require an annual termite inspection to keep it valid. Others don't, so it's best to check the service agreement you have with your pest controller. The aim is to detect any termite activity at an early stage to avoid extensive damage and costly repairs.
Related
7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

19/02/2024
Termite and pest control

General Discussion

Fantastic. Good to know. Thank you very much

13/05/2024
Termite in Tassie oak flooring.

General Discussion

Hi all, I am seeking some perspective on my position, I have encountered termite damage, old damage and some active termites in flooring Thenkfully then dont seem to have…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum