Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Residential Design Code Variation

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, we are planning on building in the southwest of WA and the R-code states that our garage/driveway needs to be on the secondary street (as it’s a corner block). So we have to pay to submit for a variation on this and they said it can take up to six weeks!

Has anyone else experienced this and whether it got approved/how long it took? Every other house has their garage at the front and it’s only a 584sqm block, so not exactly a large lot, needing a farm style house?

Thanks!
As in six weeks for council approval? It depends on which council but that sounds reasonable, especially as I imagine they will be inundated with new approvals from people trying to take advantage of the all the Government building grants.

Six weeks to draw those changes from the builder though? That would be very bad.
HereForHelp
As in six weeks for council approval? It depends on which council but that sounds reasonable, especially as I imagine they will be inundated with new approvals from people trying to take advantage of the all the Government building grants.

Six weeks to draw those changes from the builder though? That would be very bad.

Yes six weeks for council approval! Okay, I’m glad that’s normal. Still hoping it’s shorter!
Related
29/12/2023
res code

Buying Land

There's a fee

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum