Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HGWA $80,000 Luxury Range inclusions

Page 1 of 1
Just wondering if anybody has managed to get main area floor tiling and carpets included in their double story HGWA Luxury Kitchen build at no extra cost.

It's stated on the bottom of their promotion boards at the display homes in fine print "applicable for single story and double story luxury kitchen homes only" indicating to us that it applies to both, but our consultant is telling us it applies to single story only.

When asked, head office told us us to take it up with our consultant, which seems a strange answer....

Cat1977
Just wondering if anybody has managed to get main area floor tiling and carpets included in their double story HGWA Luxury Kitchen build at no extra cost.

It's stated on the bottom of their promotion boards at the display homes in fine print "applicable for single story and double story luxury kitchen homes only" indicating to us that it applies to both, but our consultant is telling us it applies to single story only.

When asked, head office told us us to take it up with our consultant, which seems a strange answer....

That smells a bit fishy!! If it's advertised they have to honour it surely??
Did you find out anymore on this? I remember when we signed up that they said it was included but when we signed the quotation it was an extra $$. I’m going to speak to them about it too as it should be included in the build price
Unfortunately, WA Battlers and Punters "Cop It Sweet" again
Our WA housing industry has been recessed for years, while the Give away inclusions were a welcomed Bonus
All but gone with the builders stimulus package.
It would be interesting to see what the ACCC has to say about this?
IMO, it should be honoured?
Cheers
Chris
You should take this up with the general manager of the company in writing by registered mail. Ask for the promised inclusions. Request their written response within 5 working days. If you receive nothing meaningful back from the manager then report them to the ACCC for misleading conduct and ‘bait advertising’, which should take you about 30 minutes. It’s important to fully document these things if you want to pursue later.
Courtney22
Did you find out anymore on this? I remember when we signed up that they said it was included but when we signed the quotation it was an extra $$. I’m going to speak to them about it too as it should be included in the build price

We see our consultant this week to review our variations again, so we're going to raise it with him once more and then take it further if we get nowhere. We've decided not to sign anything until we get a good answer as to why the inclusions dont apply to us.

Are you building a double storey Courtney?
Cat1977
Courtney22

We see our consultant this week to review our variations again, so we're going to raise it with him once more and then take it further if we get nowhere. We've decided not to sign anything until we get a good answer as to why the inclusions dont apply to us.

Hi yes we are, I can see it’s written in some advertising for some two storey builds and not on others.
Courtney22
Cat1977
Courtney22

Hi yes we are, I can see it’s written in some advertising for some two storey builds and not on others.

Yeah, it's very random. The billboards out front of the displays include double storey, but the pamphlets don't.

The answers we've received are equally as random.

I feel like if its advertised in any way, it should be honoured. It's very misleading... Not to mention a costly thing to have to add in after!

We've asked our consultant to take it to his manager, so we'll see what eventuates. The outcome we have asked for is, either customers are entitled to what is advertised, or they change their advertising.
]

Please let me know what they say. We are in the same boat
Courtney22
]

Please let me know what they say. We are in the same boat

No problem.

I just had another look at their t&c's on the website and it states that main floor tiling isn't included in double storey houses, which I am sure wasn't there before. It still doesn't change the fact it has been advertised in other places.
Make sure its included in your tender as the builder may add a clause in the contract that marketing material or emails do not form part of the contract (seen it in NSW)
Looks like they're going to change all of their advertising to be consistently "no" across the board for double storey designs.
WA Builders are singing all the way to the BANK to the tune of
$80K + $55K = $135K " La + La = La La (land) "
LOL it won't be long you'll be paying eastern States prices here in WA for houses
Too bad the property market hasn't Kept Up
Perth's house prices to be eclipsed by Adelaide's as WA property slide drags on
Related
14/06/2024
Designing, Building & Developing a Luxury home in Lindfield

Building A New House

Glad the codes saved you a few $ I was talking about demolition only. And yes most of my prices were around teh $40,000 mark and I had one as high as $60,000.

18/04/2024
Minimum 100,000 litre water tank

Building A New House

As is per usual for many of the past failed RWH regulations, it is probably traceable to a bureaucrat who's ego overrode the need to seek the appropriate expert…

29/05/2024
KDR - non-inclusions from Overseas

Building A New House

Hi Dotty, I'm Shenzhen, China based and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum