Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Tips for saving on home design?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

FHB here looking to build with Dale Alcock in Perth, WA. I have secured a block of land and getting a quote drawn up shortly with DA... any tips on saving money at this stage or what can be excluded to cut build costs? In the last 2 weeks DA plans have gone up nearly $25k!! So hoping to cut the costs down as much as possible. I was thinking perhaps doing flooring ourselves. Any suggestions for parts we can DIY?

Any help is appreciated!
Big tip, go and see other builders. Mind you they have all put up their prices I would think in the current climate. Any reason you have chosen DA's??
Brett0004
Big tip, go and see other builders. Mind you they have all put up their prices I would think in the current climate. Any reason you have chosen DA's??

Their “Archipalego” design is perfect for what I’m after with no changes - the first design I have found where I didn’t want to make any changes!

But yes, they have all put their prices up unfortunately.
Related
30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

13/02/2024
Charged Rainwater System Design

General Discussion

Once you know the basics, the rest is easy. Read my post in the thread linked below. viewtopic.php?p=1919271#p1919271

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum