Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder before title

Page 1 of 1
Howdy,

I looking to build in the Fraser Rise Estate; and have been told title will be expected in APR 2021

Is to too early to engage with a builder now? How likely is a delay? the builder will 'lock the price' for 12 months which means I would be stung for costs if there was a delay past june 30... am I running too high of a risk?
Mintee
Howdy,

I looking to build in the Fraser Rise Estate; and have been told title will be expected in APR 2021

Is to too early to engage with a builder now? How likely is a delay? the builder will 'lock the price' for 12 months which means I would be stung for costs if there was a delay past june 30... am I running too high of a risk?

Don't you have to have construction starting within 3 months of signing the contract, to be eligible for the grant?

Even with the grant, I'd not sign anything one year in advance. A lot could change - builder might go bankrupt, your employment may not be as stable. I don't think price of building is going to go up any time in the next one year with the economy looking like it's going to go down fast. If anything, you might get better deal once this grant runs out?
slothicious
Mintee
Howdy,

Don't you have to have construction starting within 3 months of signing the contract, to be eligible for the grant?

Even with the grant, I'd not sign anything one year in advance. A lot could change - builder might go bankrupt, your employment may not be as stable. I don't think price of building is going to go up any time in the next one year with the economy looking like it's going to go down fast. If anything, you might get better deal once this grant runs out?

Yeah im not eligible for a grant - thats out the question.
Related
6/12/2023
Create of a restriction on the title

Building A New House

Flamingo Give me a call and I will do my best to talk you through it. For those who would like an answer, Subject to seeing your actual DA condition, I think you are…

2/09/2023
Questions to ask a builder before you begin?

Building A New House

Ardo That is so funny! I wonder how many people know who Larry Haun is these days. I have a couple of young guys we call Mo 1 & Mo 2 who run a crew of 6 boys and…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum