Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Which floor plan is better?

Page 1 of 1
Im new to home building. building in west melbourne.
I have been looking for plans where dining and living areas have views of the back.

tossing between these two. the first plan would need a rear flip ( i just cant find a picture online)
My lot is facing west, crossover is on the left side.

Which one is better? or any suggestions of similar plans?

After first studying the right side, I quickly liked the left one.

It feels more spacious with better flow and less walls. You get a study which is great.

Only issue I see is that laundry is right on the living tv area which could be annoying I'd the washing machine is on
Sorry one more thing to consider is which side will you get a greater light exposure for you alfresco area. More northern sun the better
Ashrodan
Sorry one more thing to consider is which side will you get a greater light exposure for you alfresco area. More northern sun the better

Left side is the north
Left design has a better flow,like the living area designs better also.

The one on the left is better, all the bedrooms but for the master would receive good light & warmth. Are you too fussed about having an alfresco ? If not, you can have a grand living area by combing the alfresco area into the house floor area. You can have a pergola built later.
Ashrodan
After first studying the right side, I quickly liked the left one.

It feels more spacious with better flow and less walls. You get a study which is great.

Only issue I see is that laundry is right on the living tv area which could be annoying I'd the washing machine is on

Thanka for the suggestion. Builder confirmed i can switch laundry and study at no cost.
The only thing thats stopping me from choosing the left one is that the masters bed seems small.
Ive asked if they said they can only make it 450mm longer but not wider..they cant relocate the ensuite
Love the flow of the left

how about this one?
chappie
how about this one?

Master is still too small. I work on minimum of 4x4m
chappie
how about this one?
Quite like this one

Nice floorplan. How many Sq is this home in total ?
Montu12
Nice floorplan. How many Sq is this home in total ?

The last pic is 27sq.
The first 2 are 28sq and 29sq
Related
26/04/2024
Overhead cupboard door size in Kitchen – which is better

Kitchen Corner

Bigger the better for storage for me IMO. But I guess it's harder to tell the cost/benefit in your example - mainly the 'cost'? If you go 700mm, what are you doing extra…

7/05/2024
Which 90cm rangehood is better

Building A New House

Canopy and Undermount are best, and need to be ducted externally. Which one you go with will be largely determined by your design and joinery choices. What you should be…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum