Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

modified Westwood 28 by King Homes NSW

Page 1 of 5
We are building in Willowdale the Westwood 28 (modified) from King Homes NSW.

After a few bad experiences with other builders we came across King Homes in Emerald Hills.

Both Rheidol and Nadia have been a pleasure to work with. They listened and helped us to create a design that ticked all our boxes.
Unlike other builders King homes did not charge us any extra for moving rooms around, we started with the Westwood 28 and after so many tweaks and changes we finished with a custom design home.

We are currently awaiting CDC approval before we can commence building.

Will be uploading our photos, plans, colours and progress of our build in the next posts.
Danny575
We are building in Willowdale the Westwood 28 (modified) from King Homes.

After a few bad experiences with other builders we came across King Homes in Emerald Hills.

Both Rheidol and Nadia have been a pleasure to work with. They listened and helped us to create a design that ticked all our boxes.
Unlike other builders King homes did not charge us any extra for moving rooms around, we started with the Westwood 28 and after so many tweaks and changes we finished with a custom design home.

We are currently awaiting CDC approval before we can commence building.

Will be uploading our photos, plans, colours and progress of our build in the next posts.
[img:143ul1jp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/85904_1589218835.jpg[/img:143ul1jp]
[img:143ul1jp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/85904_1589218841.jpg[/img:143ul1jp]

Those are our colour selection
[img:3x85qhsp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/85904_1589323550.jpeg[/img:3x85qhsp]
[img:3x85qhsp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/85904_1589323562.jpg[/img:3x85qhsp]
[img:3x85qhsp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/85904_1589323573.jpg[/img:3x85qhsp]
[img:3x85qhsp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/85904_1589323582.jpg[/img:3x85qhsp]
[img:3x85qhsp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/85904_1589323598.jpg[/img:3x85qhsp]
[img:3x85qhsp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/85904_1589323614.jpg[/img:3x85qhsp]
How is this going?

mustard
How is this going?

Is going great. Started bricks this week

looking great! keep us posted... am planning on meeting Kinghomes team soonish to see what they can do for us.
How has the process been for you so far?
mustard
looking great! keep us posted... am planning on meeting Kinghomes team soonish to see what they can do for us.
How has the process been for you so far?

You will not be disappointed, King homes have been great from the get go. Rheidol and Nadia are both great down at emerald hills. Just tell them what you are after and what is your budget, they will work with you and come in budget. No hidden cost, no charge for making changes to the plans, great inclusions, they are upfront and no empty promises.
Our externals have just completed. This week starting the internals
Danny575

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Danny575
Danny575

Bricks have been washed.

Congrats on the new house, I heard some good feedback about kings and they are on my list also building in Willowdale double story next May when land register
Karar
Congrats on the new house, I heard some good feedback about kings and they are on my list also building in Willowdale double story next May when land register

From our experience, I would strongly suggest to start the process early for a faster build commencement. The admin side to prebuild stage is very lengthy, plans changes and final drawings takes time. Also there are waits for colour, external/bricks and electrical appointments.

Our land got registered in October/November 2019 last year but our build didn't start until June 2020. Bank pre approval are quick, but the final approval is dreadful.
Danny575
Karar

From our experience, I would strongly suggest to start the process early for a faster build commencement. The admin side to prebuild stage is very lengthy, plans changes and final drawings takes time. Also there are waits for colour, external/bricks and electrical appointments.

Our land got registered in October/November 2019 last year but our build didn't start until June 2020. Bank pre approval are quick, but the final approval is dreadful.

Thanks for the heads up danny575, thats a long 8 months you waited normally in 2 to 3 months site work will start,
I have started a month ago looking for design and now i have made up my mind its just to find the right builder to fit what I want is the hard part, most builders don't have all I want, I have spoken to Nadia she is nice and accommodating and she did her best to fit a design I like and not forcing anything on me, she gave me estimate and they do charge for add and change to the design, if you dont mind me asking how much you ended up paying after the modification?
Banks pre approve last 3 months only so i cant apply now but im getting my head around the design and inclusion i will have, i have driven pass your house I think last weekend and its well progressed, best wishes on you new build.
my land is in willowdale heights not far from your house
Danny, looking great, and your layout looks spot on.

Are you able to share a plan with measurements, just curious to see how much you modified in terms of size compared to the original Westwood 28.
artiscape
Danny, looking great, and your layout looks spot on.

Are you able to share a plan with measurements, just curious to see how much you modified in terms of size compared to the original Westwood 28.

Thank you ariscape, the layout took a lot of time and multiple visits. Reidhol was very helpful in guiding us about sizes and dimensions.
We kept the external walls within the westwood 28 measurements and gutted the inside and relayed on how we want it. The only change we did was the alfresco, where we swapped the location of it and extend it.

Thanks Danny for sharing.

Very smart use of space throughout.

I really like how you managed to make good use of the downstairs to include a media room and an extra bed/guest room.
Thank you to Mark and King Homes for allowing our solar panels to be installed during construction. Yesterday we finished our solar system installation. The solar system is from Austra solar. We picked 25x 370w jinko panels and 9 kw sofar inverter. Because the inverter we choose was on back order we got upgraded to 26 x370w jinko panels and 10kw inverter for no additional cost.
Gautam from Austra solar really looked after us, his customer service was unpeccable. I can't reccomend him enough he was very patient, helpful and kept us informed every step of the way.
The Installation is perfect, the whole work is very clean and you get installed to the grid immediately. (I had solar panels installed before and had to wait for someone from the electrical company to come and connect it to the grid)
If you need solar system at a great price contact Gautam on 0401355888 and tell him that Danny referred you he will look after you.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum