Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cladding vs rendering

Page 1 of 1
Cladding vs rendering??

Hi folks

We are Building a new house- Double storey 304sq m. First floor is cladding with R1.5 insulation batt, ground floor is facebrick as standard to the remainder area.

I would like to have rendering across ground floor and first floor. Just coz of its look and I heard it will increase value of its house.

About to sign HIA contract soon. Need to negotiate with the builder - can anyone please suggest opinion on the standard what we are getting is good? And please tell me the best price I should negotiate if I want it al rendered.

Location of house - Springfield, QLD.

Many thanks.
Syd
Rendering generally is from 30-50 dollars a metre,maybe a bit more when they factor in scaffolding for second story,also do your homework on rendering material ,you could easily work out area needed rendering and get a idea on cost and the maximum price u should pay.

Joker
Rendering generally is from 30-50 dollars a metre,maybe a bit more when they factor in scaffolding for second story,also do your homework on rendering material ,you could easily work out area needed rendering and get a idea on cost and the maximum price u should pay.

Thank you for your reply.

Any idea on which rendering material should I choose that's value for money? The floor area is 304sq m with ceiling height 2590mm for both storey. Can you please tell me what might be area for either sides for rendering???

Many Thanks
Syd
Cement render over brick and acrylic render over your cladding.

Keep in mind that cement render will require painting over, while acrylic render is more expensive but comes already with the colour in it, hence, if you want both floors to match, it will be better to do all acrylic.

Total area will depend on your layout and amount of glazing, roughly 300-350 sqm for your size.
alexp79
Cement render over brick and acrylic render over your cladding.

Keep in mind that cement render will require painting over, while acrylic render is more expensive but comes already with the colour in it, hence, if you want both floors to match, it will be better to do all acrylic.

Total area will depend on your layout and amount of glazing, roughly 300-350 sqm for your size.

Thank you
Related
11/11/2023
Window infill/ rendering over different substrates

General Discussion

yep you need a joint, foam is easiest, will look fine once rendered with a joint.

30/05/2023
Rendered cladding walls cracks

General Discussion

The spacing of the studs looks pretty large especially for a load bearing wall.

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum