Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Garden shed whose responsibility

Page 1 of 1
Hi y'all,

I'm building three town houses, I was wondering is it the builders responsibility to provide garden sheds or the owners?

It's a basic HIA contract in Vic (heavily in the builders fav) and the specifications list nothing of the matter.

Though the builder is doing the landscaping (it's on the landscape plan as well as the building permit plans).

The builder has asked me to provide them, as it's part of the occupancy permit should the builder do it or is it my responsibility? Or should the landscaper at least provide the base for them?

Interested to hear the Internets thoughts.

The builder has also asked for a 5 week extension and only provided one LPD as opposed to the two as per the plans & engineering...
Definitely your costs unless it's in your contract.

Hmm, one issue I have is the builder has put water and gas point and a bigger hot water system then what’s in the plans so, I’m going to struggle to get a 6cube shed in there. I feel like it’s becoming an impossible task.

As it’s a requirement for the occupancy certificate...
This all should be in your contract. If it isn't then it's not a requirement of the builder
Related
28/07/2023
Responsibility on Builder or Customer: Conduit Issue

General Discussion

the conduit would need to be undamaged regardless of what network is in play. The conduit needs to be able to have fibre run through it. NBN and Opticomm are just…

12/07/2023
Soil against brick shed

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I'm in WA and our sandy soils make drainage a bit easier but this is what I'd be doing. Dig down to your footings and let the wall dry out. Clean it all well by brushing…

29/12/2023
Frontyard Shed

Landscape & Garden Design

what about a cubby house? could get creative.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum