Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Front setback - Akuna Vista -Blacktown Council

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,
Could someone please clarify the front setback requirement of black town council.
I got a land in Akuna Vista- Schofield, size is 10m*30m. My builder is saying I have to keep 4.5m as front setback measured from front line of the facade (not the from building wall).

I am not sure about this and appreciate any feedback? Is it measured from the front line of the facade or from the front building wall?

Also, I saw in a document saying that we can have 3m as front setback if the lot is in a newly developing area, Not sure whether this applicable to Akuna vista.

Appreciate any comments from guys already built in Akuna vista or black town councils area

Thanks in Advance
Hi, I think the setbacks are correct since we have the same. You can check through this link:
https://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/-/media ... .pdf?la=en

4.5m to front facade, the porch can encroach slightly, the garage needs to be 1m behind so 5.5m from the boundary.
Thanks for the reply,

As per the document it is 4.5m from building facade line. should the 4.5m be 'A" or "B"?

I think porch is an articulation element and is ignored when measuring 4.5m. Any idea?

Thanks.
samk1
Thanks for the reply,

As per the document it is 4.5m from building facade line. should the 4.5m be 'A" or "B"?

I think porch is an articulation element and is ignored when measuring 4.5m. Any idea?

Thanks.

You are correct the porch is kind of ignored. The B setback is the 4.5m
4.5m from point B as per my knowledge
samk1
Thanks for the reply,

Thanks.

As per Penrith council, B should be 4.5 and A they don't allow. But you can talk to the council and come to an agreement.
Your porch is your articulation zone, so it will be 4.5 to the building facade, not the porch. So B is what it should be.
B for sure, I wonder who said A.
Related
6/07/2023
Cumberland Council (NSW) setback requirements

Building A New House

This was on google. Development controls 2.3.1 Front setback D1 New buildings within residential areas shall adhere to a front building line, which is 5.5-6m to the…

3/04/2024
Front setback minimum requirement for battleaxe plot

General Discussion

Thanks Draftroom that definitely helps a heap. We are still at the very early stage of planning to see what kind of house would fit on our plot. While we are on a…

16/05/2024
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

hey nedket, We have a similar lot like yours >. just wondering how is it going with your DA application, is the Blue line is the correct solution (offset the rear boundary…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum