Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sahara 40

Page 1 of 5
Hello guys our land title last month and we are planning to build sahara 40 in west.
Any one building with Henley?
hi Hussain, we are about to build sahara 31. materials are being ordered now.

Mahesh
mahesh.mawalage
hi Hussain, we are about to build sahara 31. materials are being ordered now.

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh which suburb and estate are you building in? Thanks for replying we can share our experiences and dos and don'ts in here.
Hi Hussain,
We are building in south-east Melbourne, which is Clyde .
Ours is smaller than you , but we definitely can share our experience.😊
mahesh.mawalage
Hi Hussain,
We are building in south-east Melbourne, which is Clyde .
Ours is smaller than you , but we definitely can share our experience.😊

We got a big family and we consider this house for next 20 years. We made some changes to our plan like alternative alfresco which means kitchen and alfresco will be at one side and family + dinning at another. Which gives us one big massive open area.

Did you selected any upgrade?
yes. we added a shower to the ground floor powder room and sink to the butler kitchen.Also we converted study room to a guest room with robs.We also have balcony because we have a good view in front of our home.Wetland.
That's the main structural changes we had.

In Terms of inclusion we added new mixes,sinks,taps,spa, CCTV prewire ,theater pre wiring etc..That's basic things people normally do I guess.

We have just cleared the land for the builder. Wetland looks good too.
mahesh.mawalage
We have just cleared the land for the builder. Wetland looks good too.

You got decent upgrades and structural changes more then us.
Thanks. Are you getting flooring from Henly or after hand over . We are planing to do the flooring and driveway after handover .
mahesh.mawalage
Thanks. Are you getting flooring from Henly or after hand over . We are planing to do the flooring and driveway after handover .

Yes but not driveway, as my friends advice to do after hand over.
Hussain sahara
mahesh.mawalage

Yes but not driveway, as my friends advice to do after hand over.

How much is your contract value till now?
mahesh.mawalage

How much is your contract value till now?
It’s 360k.but bank valued 355K.how about yours . ?
mahesh.mawalage

425 k
Hussain sahara
mahesh.mawalage

425 k

How is your construction going, does it effect with recent lockdown and what time frame henley is saying to handover your house as henley is getting busier.
Good morning Hussain,
They didn’t give me new time frame though. Basically construction has no effect by stage 3 lock down.
But there would be minor delay .
The slab was to be poured last Friday but now It will be done tomorrow. I was asked to let my private inspector
Know about that .Also weather can delay construction too .
How long your home to finish ?
Is your frame stage finished ?
mahesh.mawalage
Is your frame stage finished ?

Hi Mahesh

Yes we are at lockup stage now and yours ?
mahesh.mawalage
Good morning Hussain,
They didn’t give me new time frame though. Basically construction has no effect by stage 3 lock down.
But there would be minor delay .
The slab was to be poured last Friday but now It will be done tomorrow. I was asked to let my private inspector
Know about that .Also weather can delay construction too .
How long your home to finish ?

Yes weather can delay things, but next week looks good. My handover date is mid December.

Who is your private inspector. Want to do our fixing and completion stage to be inspect. We have not use them for previous stages as we got good reviews about henley workmanship.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum