Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

m2 cost for custom build sunshine coast

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, hoping gather info on m2 cost of new constructions. I know there are a lot of different factors.
My new place is a custom build from GJ Gardiner on the Sunshine Coast.
2 story, medium level finish.
Colorbond Ultra Roof and flashings / gutters etc.
5 bed 3 bath plus 2 powder room, plus a stone façade feature / pillar at front of house.
Brick veneer with 3M ceilings downstairs and 2550 upstairs. 2400mm doors downstairs and regular upstairs.
Cornerless corner stacker at rear alfresco.
Allowance for 56 power points and 80 downlights, 3 phase AC.
Total of 439m2 but smallish bathrooms and this size includes large double garage and carport and about 90m2 of verandah / alfraso.

Cost is around 1650 / m2.

Does this seem reasonable?

Interested to hear of m2 costings of other 2 story custom builds.

Thanks

Matt
Seems pretty reasonable, assume you will still have additional upgrades (floor to ceiling tiling, upgraded tiles, upgraded kitchen etc) and costs at colour selection time, plus potential site costs, basix costs etc
CoastalNewBuild

Thanks

Matt

I suggest you have a look at real completed projects with cornerless Stacker doors and price up the engineering/construction properly Forget the provisional sums attached to rendered Fake Artist images you need more accurate info.
IMO, It sounds like you're in the $3-$5K/m2 range custom build
eg Full height Doors with concrete slab above requires upgrade engineered cantilever inverted corner beams?
I suggest you isolate the big ticket items as you don't want to be pulling them out (by variation) at a later date and finding that the builders offering a miserly credit in return
StructuralBIMGuy
CoastalNewBuild

Thanks

Matt

I suggest you have a look at real completed projects with cornerless Stacker doors and price up the engineering/construction properly Forget the provisional sums attached to rendered Fake Artist images you need more accurate info.
IMO, It sounds like you're in the $3-$5K/m2 range custom build
eg Full height Doors with concrete slab above requires upgrade engineered cantilever inverted corner beams?
I suggest you isolate the big ticket items as you don't want to be pulling them out at a later date and finding that the builders offering a miserly credit in return

Gday StructuralBIMguy,
The house is all timber - not suspended slab. It looks like the final cost wil come in @ around 1680m2.
Talking to project builders around the Sunshine Coast - its very hard to get ideas on m2 rates as every custom is different.
I know for larger top quality Project (non custom) homes in the 5 bed range 1250 gets a very good finish.
But they have much larger bathrooms and less garage space than me also.
Regards.
gogo65
Seems pretty reasonable, assume you will still have additional upgrades (floor to ceiling tiling, upgraded tiles, upgraded kitchen etc) and costs at colour selection time, plus potential site costs, basix costs etc

Yes all that is coming now - cost will float up further yet but we are trying to manage that. We did have quite a few upgrades already factored in.
Finishes are one thing, hidden structural increases are yet another. Deleting that one column ends up costing you a fortune
make no mistake the timber frame will need to be upgrade to a commercial steel frame to support the door system
The finalising is usually done after you have handed over a deposit for preparation of final plans by means of variations
Looking fwd to seeing your special doors
StructuralBIMGuy
Finishes are one thing, hidden structural increases are yet another. Deleting that one column ends up costing you a fortune
make no mistake the timber frame will need to be upgrade to a commercial steel frame to support the door system
The finalising is usually done after you have handed over a deposit for preparation of final plans by means of variations
Looking fwd to seeing your special doors

The corner less stacker is already costed in. That was done early on in the piece. We do have to upgrade from regular to commercial doors for this (from Bradnams) , but that's for the stacker doors themselves, not the engineering to make them corner less.We had to go commercial grade because so much glass in them.
They also have an allowance of $8000 for screw piers required during the foundation stage.
Not factored in yet is VJ cladding to some internal feature walls (quoted roughly 700-800 per wall for this), cabinet makers upgrades, taps/sinks upgrades, built in robes upgrades (doing this privately though), flooring upgrades (if we go for this at all), bathroom tiles on walls, some wood look aluminium cladding to underside of skillion roof.
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum