Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Monier Atura profile roof tiles or Colorbond Metal Roof

Page 1 of 1
The builder has given me a choice for an upgraded roof:

Monier Atura profile roof tiles with heavy-duty sarking / Colorbond Metal Roof 55mm lightweight anticon building blanket. ($2,600.00)

Cant decide. Please tell me what to choose ?

I don't want sudden termprature changes in my home. Are both the roofs good and have enough insulation ?
To be honest if I never have another roof tile again it will be too soon, especially those low profile concrete tiles. Our last home had them and I was forever fixing leaking cracked tiles and repairing water damaged plaster ceiling. People will no doubt chime in and say that steel roof is noisy in the rain (what rain??) but this isnt a problem if you use anticon and the inability to retain heat is also a plus. We are going for a surfmist colourbond so that heat is reflected and fading isnt an issue. The extra work in the framing to handle the weight must also come into consideration.
Just my thoughts on DAM TILED ROOFS!!!
Brett0004
To be honest if I never have another roof tile again it will be too soon, especially those low profile concrete tiles. Our last home had them and I was forever fixing leaking cracked tiles and repairing water damaged plaster ceiling. People will no doubt chime in and say that steel roof is noisy in the rain (what rain??) but this isnt a problem if you use anticon and the inability to retain heat is also a plus. We are going for a surfmist colourbond so that heat is reflected and fading isnt an issue. The extra work in the framing to handle the weight must also come into consideration.
Just my thoughts on DAM TILED ROOFS!!!
Second everything above.

what did you choose? colorbond metal or Monier Atura thanks.
Gerard Roofing metal tiles any day, pls.

Perform like Colorbond (even better), look like premium tiles.
Related
19/07/2023
Spare Monier Tudor Barrummandi concrete tiles

General Discussion

Our house was completed 8 years ago. Builder did not leave any spare roof tiles behind. Just found out that one tile is cracked. Wanted to replace the tile but most…

17/08/2023
26 year old Colorbond roof. Repaint or replace?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your house roof does not show rusting other than some surface rust on the flashings. In my opinion you dont need to replace or paint the roof other than treat surface rust…

9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum