Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is it recommended to get your own building inspector?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I would like to know if the majority of you guys have used your own building inspector to inspect your build or not?

Just curious to see if it's worth it or not. Even if having a good builder to do your build, would you still get building inspector just to be safe or?

If so, which company would you recommend in Sydney area for good ones with reasonable prices.

Thanks
there are already many answers to your questions on this forum
Definitely, but get a good one.
We're using Houspect (www.houspect.com.au), so far very happy with the reports they provide and glad we spent the money as they have brought up things the builder (Rawson) clearly overlooked and I don't think they would have fixed some things without the backing of a professional report to hold them to account.

We have gone with their 5 stage report package which is $2,421 (10% discount off the normal price if you do them all as a package) for our house which is 6 bedrooms x 4 bathrooms x 4 living areas and covers -

Slab @ $360 individually
Framework @ $550individually
Pre-Lining @ $645 individually
Waterproofing @ $375 individually
Pre-Handover @ $845 individually

Money well spent and drop in the ocean if you ask me considering the build is $700k.

They have been very prompt with reports usually provided in the same day the inspection has taken place, very detailed with clear pictures of any areas of issue. Only have our Pre-Handover inspection to go now which should be very big & detailed hopefully.

If it helps here is a number of pages from our Pre-Lining Inspection for example so you can see the sort of things and level of detail they have gone into, let me know if you want to see any pages from the other reports if you're wondering what sort of things they found -

I agree with Jimboo above. For peace of mind we have also used Housepect and they are prompt
Related
9/02/2024
My Building inspector v My builder's inspector

General Discussion

I would send it to the certifier who is technically your representative and working on your behalf not the builder's

17/05/2024
Outdoor heater recommended in Alfresco

Building A New House

My Electrical roughing is going on. What type of Outdoor heater recommended in Alfresco sized 3000mm x 3000mm below. I asked electrician to give 15amp power point in…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum