Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Darbecca Porter Davis

Page 1 of 1
Dear All,

Porter Davis have issued a new clause to their contracts which has been used against clients looking to use Darbecca. My Advise is to continue using Darbecca. Stand by them as they have stood by thousands of home owners over the years supporting home owners when they were being treated poorly.

Ring Consumer Affairs and tell them what you think of this practise of trying to remove your common rights to use whom you wish. 1300 558 181
Ring Porter Davis and ask why are they doing this. Darbecca has held Porter Davis accountable for years. I wounder why they have now done this? 1800 767 837

Accountability is everything in the ethical nature of business. The builder signs a contract stating that they will build to the Rules. All Darbecca does is highlight the areas where this has not occurred.

Everybody needs to stand by this company as they have stood by many in the past. Do not let happen.
Small Minds says:

"Accountability is everything in the ethical nature of business. The builder signs a contract stating that they will build to the Rules. All Darbecca does is highlight the areas where this has not occurred.

As someone who provides similar services to homeowners I fully endorse Darbecca in their efforts to hold builders accountable.
It would actually help if you mention what the actual clause is wouldn’t it mate?
WaldorfL
It would actually help if you mention what the actual clause is wouldn’t it mate?

It was also discussed here
PD Trying to Steer us away from Darbecca
The writing is on the (Apartment Crisis) wall
If they wish to stay in the Structural Certification Business
They will need to employ Licensed Engineers and Associated Technologies
my2c
Dear All,

I know the owner of Darbecca personally. He has several people within his company that are registered. These are INU inspector and DBU Builders. More information to follow. However I understand that in Victoria what PD are doing may breach 132 part 2 of the Domestic Building Contracts Act and he is currently recording all of the losses. As I said, more to follow.

By the way, His company is registered in other states and NZ where it is mandated. It ironic that PD in Queensland are currently responding to every one of his reports.

It is not mandated in Victoria. Hence what PD are doing is up for challenge. Along with any losses.

You cannot impose an obligation on an owner that breaches this act. This act allows home owners to choose whom they wish.

As I said, he is a cleaver person and more to follow.

Small Minds
Dear All,

I know the owner of Darbecca personally. He has several people within his company that are registered. These are INU inspector and DBU Builders. More information to follow. However I understand that in Victoria what PD are doing may breach 132 part 2 of the Domestic Building Contracts Act and he is currently recording all of the losses. As I said, more to follow.

Hey Small Minds - thanks for starting this thread (topic), very helpful and informative
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum