Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Any Recommendations for a Knockdown Company?

Page 1 of 1
I need a old fibro home with garage and carport knocked down. Looking for a company with a asbestos handling license. Anyone used a good knockdown company? How much would i need to pay for that kind of a job?

Thanks.
A state or city might help?

Doozer1905
A state or city might help?

Thanks. Sydney, NSW 2148.
Be wary of the ‘hidden asbestos’ scam. Its a confidence trick. Some companies may win your trust, commence the job, then find non existent hidden asbestos, send you a few fake photos whilst you are at work etc, and charge you extra $ to remove and dispose of it. Extra fiddly manual labour etc. They will say they are saving you money with their particular removal process. If you want to avoid this trick make sure you get written into the demolition contract that you or someone needs to actually see the hidden asbestos on site to confirm it’s actually there before authorising additional work. Turn up a few times unannounced to check the additional work is actually being done. Visually confirm what they say. Ask the neighbours to look too. Gopro cameras on the site may also be worthwhile.
Oh..that's very helpful indeed. Thanks.
Norfolk
Be wary of the ‘hidden asbestos’ scam. Its a confidence trick. Some companies may win your trust, commence the job, then find non existent hidden asbestos, send you a few fake photos whilst you are at work etc, and charge you extra $ to remove and dispose of it. Extra fiddly manual labour etc. They will say they are saving you money with their particular removal process. If you want to avoid this trick make sure you get written into the demolition contract that you or someone needs to actually see the hidden asbestos on site to confirm it’s actually there before authorising additional work. Turn up a few times unannounced to check the additional work is actually being done. Visually confirm what they say. Ask the neighbours to look too. Gopro cameras on the site may also be worthwhile.

Hi Norfolk,
Thanks for another valuable tip. Do you have any companies operating in Sydney that are trustable?

Cheers
I have only had experience with one demolition company and definitely would not recommend them as they tried this one on!
Which one?
Thanks, not sure if you can mention the name here but it'll be nice to know the ones not recommended.
In this case It is not appropriate or prudent to mention the company name in this forum. Suggest you do your due diligence very carefully, don’t accept that everything published is real, read and fully understand the details of the contract you sign, don’t believe any claims for extra payments without verifiable proof like actually seeing for yourself. These principles should protect you.
Thanks, I really appreciate your comments as are loaded with tips and guidance
Related
10/01/2024
To Knockdown and Rebuild or Renovate?

General Discussion

if the original house is in good condition most of what you listed could be added in stages without the need for KDR and costs and disruption of having to live elsewhere…

18/01/2024
Cost of building 3 x Townhouses after knockdown

General Discussion

multiple occ properties are always billed by trades at a premium, rarely per sqm for the lot. You either have trades you know whoe will do by sqm or youre going to get…

11/05/2024
insulation company Sydney

Building A New House

faultless is hard to find, talk to your builder because it has real potential to hold up the schedule so needs to someone they work well with. I agree it is frustrating to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum