Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Brand new house garage cracks

Page 1 of 1
We got the keys to our house last month and the garage concrete floor doesn't look good at all.

There are cracks everywhere and even though I know it's relatively normal for concrete to crack, I'm starting to get worried as it seems to be getting worst. Some of them are joining together and I'm sure if I try I can get a small piece of concrete loose.

At first I was ok with it because my plan was to cover it anyway with some type of flooring however, I had a few companies over to quote a concrete path and they all said those cracks are bad, movement cracks.

I'm gonna speak to my builder but I'm sure they will try to say it's normal for concrete to crack etc etc so just wondering if anyone else has been through this and what are they required to do?
Hi mvlouman
You will need to put photos up
and more info is required, ie soil type, Raft slab, Waffle slab,etc,etc
What is required is the rate of Change... It's then possible to reverse engineer the data from there.hth
StructuralBIMGuy
Hi mvlouman
You will need to put photos up
and more info is required, ie soil type, Raft slab, Waffle slab,etc,etc
What is required is the rate of Change... It's then possible to reverse engineer the data from there.hth

Hey structuralBIMGuy

Soil type is S/P not sure what's the slap type though. Ground movements in order of 10mm to 20mm.

mvlouman
Hi
Any updates on this case?
mvlouman
We got the keys to our house last month and the garage concrete floor doesn't look good at all.

There are cracks everywhere and even though I know it's relatively normal for concrete to crack, I'm starting to get worried as it seems to be getting worst. Some of them are joining together and I'm sure if I try I can get a small piece of concrete loose.

At first I was ok with it because my plan was to cover it anyway with some type of flooring however, I had a few companies over to quote a concrete path and they all said those cracks are bad, movement cracks.

I'm gonna speak to my builder but I'm sure they will try to say it's normal for concrete to crack etc etc so just wondering if anyone else has been through this and what are they required to do?

Did you find out any solution of these crack because my house is just 3 year old and i saw same cracks like you . I worry about house slab
Related
2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

27/05/2024
Brand new house with beyond horrible windows

Windows & Doors

Pay again? No retribution? Your glass has a specific performance get this app and see how much your windows are leaking, then challenge the supplier.

4/10/2023
Mending cracks in render

General Discussion

Do you have a scope of works? If have texture on wall now, the patch will show through The standard for repair of texture is to patch, re-texture corner to corner,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum