Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Construction loan

Page 1 of 1
Question to the builders - currently have a construction loan in progress and the bank has a final payment to make to the Builder, however, the bank will not make the payment to the builder until the final occupation certificate has been submitted, however, the builder will not submit the final occupation certificate until the payment has been made to him by the bank.
Now, what is the correct process for this from a builders point of view?
Audz86
Question to the builders - currently have a construction loan in progress and the bank has a final payment to make to the Builder, however, the bank will not make the payment to the builder until the final occupation certificate has been submitted, however, the builder will not submit the final occupation certificate until the payment has been made to him by the bank.
Now, what is the correct process for this from a builders point of view?

Hi

Not sure where you’re located but I’m in Sydney and all we needed to do was provide an interim occupation certificate (IOC) from the builder and that was enough for them to release the final payment.

We were able to receive the final OC once we completed landscaping, fencing, letterbox and washing line.

Hth.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

1/06/2024
GIFTED LAND/FHB HOME LOAN

General Discussion

Hi there, I hope someone can give me some insight into a (very lucky) situation I'm dealing with. My Mum was gifted property by my grandfather after he passed. My…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum