Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Help! Contract Conditions

Page 1 of 1
Hello All,

I require some advise on the following situation. I have seen a new build house, which is 99% completed, the house is pending final inspection and final certificate (form21). The agent is asking me to sign a contract as soon as possible before its listed on the market. We really like the house and it fits our budget. The agent is asking us to have 5 days for building and pest and 14 days for finance as conditions.

My concern is the house's final inspection is scheduled only next week and the the certificate of completion (form21) will be available only the week after. Given this situation

1. Is it possible to add a condition that the 5 day BP inspection and 14 days finance clause is subject to final inspection and 5 and 14 days from the day the certificate of completion is received ?
  2. When do i do the building and pest inspection? Is it okay to do the building and pest inspection before the final inspection or do i have to do it after the form 21 is issued??
  3. What are all documents / certificates/ notices am I required to collect from the builder on settlement? Am i required to include these as a condition on my contract?

Looking forwards for your suggestions.
Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

24/01/2024
HIA HOME CONTRACT

General Discussion

Would love to know who your builder is?

27/07/2023
Slab design - contract issues

Building A New House

It looks your builder was trying his luck

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros