Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First home buyer - building with McDonald Jones

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I’m new to home one and also the building process. My partner and I are purchasing a house and land package with McDonald Jones homes. We’re building a one storey 3BED 2BATH home with alfresco and home theatre.

We’re in the tender process at the moment and need to decide on any structural changes so they can draw up the first draft tender.

We’re trying to not go overboard for this stage as we know we’ll rack up a bill at the colour studio.

What are your ‘must do’ upgrades in regards to structure? We’re thinking raised ceilings (2.7m) with windows and doors to match, shampoo recesses in both bathrooms, sliding doors to home theatre and extra TV aerials and powerpoints.

What are your thoughts? Feel free to drop any other wisdom for first time home buyers/builders below also.

Thanks in advance!
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

2/01/2024
Land buyer's agent Melbourne

Buying Land

Not much in this responce. My suggestion is, what are you looking to build and why. This will all be impacted by the local councils planning scheme. Familiarise yourself…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum