Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Inclusions and Plan Drawings

Page 1 of 1
I've been wondering, some of the plans we've been looking at with different builders have items that are not listed in their inclusions i.e a sink in butlers pantry. My question therefore is if this item is on the final drawings, does that mean the builder has to include it? I'm weary of asking sales people because they'll usually say no and then add it in as an "upgrade" so I wouldn't want to pay for something that is already included (We've had quotes with doubled up items so I wouldn't trust their systems)
One reason a pre contract inspection is a must,can find mistakes, overcharges, unfair contract clause,tell you with legal certainty what's included,also puts builder on notice,your loaded with knowledge,look at building experts website, good luck.

Generally specification trumps drawings, however the specification isn't going to mention things not included, only inclusions. So if it is on your final drawings in your contract they have to provide it. That said when we found inconsistencies and it was an item we really wanted we always asked just be sure we weren't going to be disappointed.
Thanks peeps for the feedback..
Related
29/08/2023
Landscape construction drawings and process

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks very much! And would the landscaper/contractor generally involve the engineer or is that something the client would do? Thanks for your help

29/05/2024
KDR - non-inclusions from Overseas

Building A New House

Hi Dotty, I'm Shenzhen, China based and…

7/03/2024
Structural Drawings

Building A New House

Peter In NSW your Certifier will have a copy, and the Certifier works for you not the builder. They are your representative so just contact them and ask for a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum