Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Double story Balcony or bigger house with no balcony

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have been reading the forums and noticed most of them are recommending a balcony facade but at the moment I am confused with spending money on a balcony facade or bigger house.

I liked Henley homes and I plan on building Emporio 39 with balcony facade or Emporio 43 Ultima facade with no balcony.

The Avenue Balcony facade would cost me 26.2K for Emporio 39

Ultima facade would cost 1.5K but I could afford to go for bigger Emporio 43 house.

I think 80% time I won't use the balcony but I am thinking about resale and street appeal.

What do you say about going with a smaller house with a balcony?

Does the size of the house would resale higher than smaller baloney facade house?

Thank you.
Karunakar.
We didn't opt for a balcony because we dont have a view so it would be a waste of money. If there was anything to look at then we perhaps would have done it differently.
alt
We didn't opt for a balcony because we dont have a view so it would be a waste of money. If there was anything to look at then we perhaps would have done it differently.

Thank you.

Based on master plan i have a town centre.
It also depends on the size and location of the balcony - I have one off the master bedroom currently, which looks out over bush land. It's not very big, and I haven't used it in the whole time I've lived here. I think if you don't see yourself using it much or at all, pump that money into something you will use - like a larger house or better upgrades.
KingTaco
It also depends on the size and location of the balcony - I have one off the master bedroom currently, which looks out over bush land. It's not very big, and I haven't used it in the whole time I've lived here. I think if you don't see yourself using it much or at all, pump that money into something you will use - like a larger house or better upgrades.

Thank you.
What do you reckon about resale value for bigger house with no balcony?
I'd only be guessing, but maybe balcony houses tend to have a better kerb appeal? Though you can easily have a nice facade otherwise.

If I were looking at two houses that were the same price and layout but one was bigger, the other had the more interesting facade, I'd go the bigger house. For sure I prefer the Avenue facade, but i'd take the size any day. And it wouldn't even factor in whether a house had a balcony or not, but that's individual preference.

If you're looking only at resale value then maybe talk to a real estate agent to get an idea, but then that info would only be on current market trends. In any case - you only need that one buyer...
KingTaco
I'd only be guessing, but maybe balcony houses tend to have a better kerb appeal? Though you can easily have a nice facade otherwise.

If I were looking at two houses that were the same price and layout but one was bigger, the other had the more interesting facade, I'd go the bigger house. For sure I prefer the Avenue facade, but I'd take the size any day. And it wouldn't even factor in whether a house had a balcony or not, but that's an individual preference.

If you're looking only at resale value then maybe talk to a real estate agent to get an idea, but then that info would only be on current market trends. In any case - you only need that one buyer...

Thank you for your valuable comment as I am not sure whether I would move from my current place to a new one and that's the reason i am wondering better of building 4 square bigger house with no balcony or balcony with a small home.

I will contact real estate agent and get an idea.
I just built my house with Ultima Facade, and I am so happy not to go with balcony. I can see outside from my bed because of 4 massive windows.
If you go with balcony then you have to open the door to see outside or have to go with full glass balcony which is more expensive.

my Personal advice not to go with balcony.
review19
I just built my house with Ultima Facade, and I am so happy not to go with balcony. I can see outside of my bed because of 4 massive windows.
If you go with a balcony then you have to open the door to see outside or have to go with full glass balcony which is more expensive.

my Personal advice not to go with the balcony.

Thank you for your valuable reply.

Could you post your Ultima facade image as I am planning to add tiles and something else to look good in case I go without a balcony.

Photo attached from the existing facade.

At the moment I cannot justify 26K for Avenue facade.

check your email
review19
check your email

Thank you.
let me know if u want to know more
Related
28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

23/04/2024
Tiling a Balcony with Fall Away from House

General Discussion

AS4654.2-2012 External Membranes it is "Informative" but if you get water ingress your insurance assessor will go to this straight away and if not achieved, they will deny…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum