Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

No gas in new build

Page 1 of 1
Hi

We are currently looking at builders and want a gas cooktop.
Also don't intend to use a barbie as well. So would it be best that if we tell the builder to not get a gas connection at all.
Will we have to pay for gas supply charge if there is a connection but we don't use it at all?
Forgot to mention about the gas water heater. Would like to get an electric water heater as well but currently not sure how much the builders will cost & we may get it if the cost is not a lot higher. But still not sure about the supply charge if we don't use gas at all and there is a connection.
sarahbuilds
Hi

We are currently looking at builders and want a gas cooktop.
Also don't intend to use a barbie as well. So would it be best that if we tell the builder to not get a gas connection at all.
Will we have to pay for gas supply charge if there is a connection but we don't use it at all?
If you want a gas cooktop then you'll need a gas connection. If not, make sure your gas cooktop supports LPG and just buy gas bottles.
Yes you will pay supply charge even if you don't use gas.
Have you thought about heating as well? If no gas then you'll need reverse cycle ac/heater. More expensive up front.
If you want to go fully electric, look at getting solar and battery, so you don't end up paying what you save on gas in electricity.

Building the Votivo43 - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88553
Related
6/09/2023
building a deck and gas hot water

General Discussion

I want to build a decking to the drawn shape outlined in black. The problem is how close can I build to the gas hot water unit? Will I be able to build around it and be…

20/12/2023
Nitrogen gas left in the compressor, is it normal practice

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

you need a fridgie to answer but I would think you vac the whole system then add gas if you have a leak, unless it is new install with the gas already loaded, in that case…

9/04/2024
Gas abolishment home renovation

Owner Builder Forum

We are about to partially demo our house to begin a major renovation… by partial it almost may as well be a new build (keeping front for heritage) This will require the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum