Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Romeo homes, rawdon hill homes, premier builders group

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, much appreciated if u could share your experience in building with any of above builders?
We contemplated building a period home with Premier Group (who were associated with Onley constructions a few years ago). Always felt a bit... wary. We were looking for a period home - so looked at Premier, Rawdon Hill, Romeo and Kialla.

After reading the reviews on the productreview website and looking at the quality of their (then) latest display homes (the Avalon in Officer) we walked away. The quality was average at best. Too many alarm bells and I went with my gut feeling. The base price of the house was reasonable, but EVERYTHING was an upgrade (I felt).

Premier and Romeo used to be one, but Romeo split off a few years to become to focus on 'higher end' (read: quality) period builds. The display homes of Romeo we visited were good quality (I use the quality of a builder's display homes as a yardstick - if they can't get their "showcase" display homes right, why would you give them money to build your house?). Romeo were good, but the sales guy we dealt with didn't fill me with confidence.

We kept looking and ended up doing a full custom build with Kialla. Still in the design stage, but their quality is great, their pricing is very transparent and the list of inclusions compared to other builders is really good.
Premier builders group was like a sales company. Sales were started at the displays. Then several builders (3-4) would tender for each job. Each home (including displays) are basically the same, but lots of small differences, based on builder preferences.
Around 3 months ago, they were bought out by one of those builders (prime), who now build all homes.
Tighter control over everything from quality & consistency, to marketing & pricing.
what was your thoughts on Rawdon Hill, has anyone done any custom work with them. I am interested in the fact that they do split levels and can custom with a new or existing design.
storewallAU
what was your thoughts on Rawdon Hill, has anyone done any custom work with them. I am interested in the fact that they do split levels and can custom with a new or existing design.

Hi StorewallAU. Our experience with Rawdon was terrible at best. I'm not going to post specifics because they hide behind "it's built to standard clause" although areas are not fit for purpose (verified by independent trades). The build quality is about 2 out of 5
thanks for the feedback. I hope they have sorted the issues for you.
Hi all,

Sorry to give life to an old post. We are currently building with Romeo Home and it has not been a great decision. We began with them in August 2018 and still to this day (March 2020) we are only almost at lockup. Their communication is poor and a lot of our issues come down to our supervisor. I requested a site visit in January 2020 (first time we ever met our supervisor) and he asked us what the gate code was, indicating that he had not been on site as would be expected of a supervisor.

There’s a review on Glassdoor by a previous employee which is an interesting insight.

We set out on this building journey with trust and excitement, and have been rudely awakened to the nature of some companies.
Unfortunately there aren't enough happy stories in this building adventure. Maybe our expectations are too high or builders just don't make enough money out of this industry to please their customers and themselves.
Hi all,

Sorry to give life to an old post. We are currently building with Romeo Home and it has not been a great decision. We began with them in August 2018 and still to this day (March 2020) we are only almost at lockup. Their communication is poor and a lot of our issues come down to our supervisor. I requested a site visit in January 2020 (first time we ever met our supervisor) and he asked us what the gate code was, indicating that he had not been on site as would be expected of a supervisor.

There’s a review on Glassdoor by a previous employee which is an interesting insight.

We set out on this building journey with trust and excitement, and have been rudely awakened to the nature of some companies.

Hi,

Any updates since then? I hope that things have been better for you!
apples12
Hi all,

Hi,

Not a lot has changed! Our contracted finish date was April 12th 2020, and we’re not questing the house will be finished by MAYBE September 2020. Very, very slow. They have not given us a move in date, and communication is still bare minimum. Occasionally they tell us something will happen on a certain date, but it never does. On May 7th we were told the stairs were two weeks away. Stairs were only put in on the 6th of July. We’re just over it!
Hi 1234567
Is Romeo Homes still building your house.
Anyone else building with Romeo Homes?
Thanks
Hi rktman
Just wondering how you went with Romeo homes?
Thanks
apples12
Hi all,

Hi,

Not a lot has changed! Our contracted finish date was April 12th 2020, and we’re not questing the house will be finished by MAYBE September 2020. Very, very slow. They have not given us a move in date, and communication is still bare minimum. Occasionally they tell us something will happen on a certain date, but it never does. On May 7th we were told the stairs were two weeks away. Stairs were only put in on the 6th of July. We’re just over it!

Hi 1234567
Did Romeo ever manage to get your house finished?
Thanks
[quote="brett64"][quote="1234567"][quote="apples12"][quote="1234567"]Hi all,

Hi,

Hi 1234567
Did Romeo ever manage to get your house finished?
Thanks

Hi Brett64,
We got keys a few days ago, but unfortunately have had to move into an unfinished house. This was our decision, as we’re expecting our first baby in a few weeks, and just couldn’t wait any longer. It put us at 34 weeks after contracted completion date.

We ended up being (half) assigned a new supervisor, and honestly, he was great. He had a huge job to fix all the defects and errors. Despite him ‘rescuing’ us at the 11th hour, we’re still appalled by the management of the company. Just shocking. They have no idea what they’re doing.
rktman
Hi 1234567
Thanks

Hi rktman,

We finally got keys a few days ago. 34 weeks after contract completion date. We chose to settle despite the house not being fully finished. Still got some rectification works to happen in the New Year, so our journey is certainly not over.
Hi 1234567
In a way I guess it is okay for you with your developing circumstances despite having to fix further. I hope they won't get away without completing the job. I think they are taking advantage pushing the people into such situations. Can you reply to the message I sent please? Good luck with the baby
brett64
Hi rktman
Just wondering how you went with Romeo homes?
Thanks

hi brett64
I think they are hopeless, r u building with them
rktman
Hi 1234567
Thanks

Hi rktman,

We finally got keys a few days ago. 34 weeks after contract completion date. We chose to settle despite the house not being fully finished. Still got some rectification works to happen in the New Year, so our journey is certainly not over.

Hi 1234567
In a way I guess it is okay for you with your developing circumstances despite having to fix further. I hope they won't get away without completing the job. I think they are taking advantage pushing the people into such situations. Can you reply to the message I sent please? Good luck with the baby
Be careful with Rawdon Hill Homes aka Rawdon Hill Constructions. They have had their share of being respondents in VCAT disputes.
https://jade.io/article/799591
https://jade.io/article/686498

caveat emptor!
Mamz
We contemplated building a period home with Premier Group (who were associated with Onley constructions a few years ago). Always felt a bit... wary. We were looking for a period home - so looked at Premier, Rawdon Hill, Romeo and Kialla.

After reading the reviews on the productreview website and looking at the quality of their (then) latest display homes (the Avalon in Officer) we walked away. The quality was average at best. Too many alarm bells and I went with my gut feeling. The base price of the house was reasonable, but EVERYTHING was an upgrade (I felt).

Premier and Romeo used to be one, but Romeo split off a few years to become to focus on 'higher end' (read: quality) period builds. The display homes of Romeo we visited were good quality (I use the quality of a builder's display homes as a yardstick - if they can't get their "showcase" display homes right, why would you give them money to build your house?). Romeo were good, but the sales guy we dealt with didn't fill me with confidence.

We kept looking and ended up doing a full custom build with Kialla. Still in the design stage, but their quality is great, their pricing is very transparent and the list of inclusions compared to other builders is really good.

Hi, I am looking into building and am wondering how you went with Kialla Homes. We like their display homes and the sales people at the display seem reasonable. Looking for feedback though from people experienced in being with them.
Related
15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum