Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My builder is forcing to book HIA Session

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I am in a situation where land sales people initially said that land titling will be done by 2019 year end but now it got delayed to April/May 2020 appx. I am still not confident that titling will be done by May 2020. My issue is the home builder which I signed PWC is forcing me to book HIA session even tough I told them that I am not willing to sign the contract until I get the clear picture of land titling dates. When signing with Home builders they had an offer " price lock till jan 2021". But I am afraid of signing the HIA contract. What would happen on HIA session? do we have to sign the contract on the same day? do you all suggest to book HIA Session with them? Please help me with your inputs.
Reality is that in 2021 you might end up with much sweeter deal or your builder can go out of business by then. Do not lock yourself in.
alexp79
Reality is that in 2021 you might end up with much sweeter deal or your builder can go out of business by then. Do not lock yourself in.

sure, thank you very much for your inputs. May be I will ask him not to call me again till land gets titiled.
yep, the rule of thumb is that if someone is acting desperately without any obvious reason, it is always better to pass
Consider getting a building lawyer to review your contact before you sign. For example the Metricon HIA contract I signed was very one sided, putting me at significant disadvantage when poor quality work was identified during the build. Many others have experienced the same disadvantage.
Sure Norfolk, can I walkaway from there and sign later on? Or do we have to sign on that day itself
Check the contract terms and if there is a cooling off period. Just don’t be pressured into signing a binding contract that you have not had time to check and consider.
If you are being pushed ask why and take care
Norfolk
Check the contract terms and if there is a cooling off period. Just don’t be pressured into signing a binding contract that you have not had time to check and consider.

Thank you very much for your inputs
Hi there, don't sign!

You can always get someone to do a building contract review too! Ask for a copy of the final contract at least a week before their "signing appt". How can you possibly read 80-100 pages of a contract in a half hour appointment, totally not fair on you. Take your time!

Manse Group are good for contract reviews.
KSCAN84
Hi there, don't sign!

You can always get someone to do a building contract review too! Ask for a copy of the final contract at least a week before their "signing appt". How can you possibly read 80-100 pages of a contract in a half hour appointment, totally not fair on you. Take your time!

Manse Group are good for contract reviews.

thank you very much KSCAN84
Sure I will ask them to mail me a copy of contract before siging....
Related
28/09/2023
NEW BUILD - HIA - BUILDER GROUNDS TO TERMINATE IF OWNER DOES

Building A New House

Sorry but you have a crap builder. Probably too late now. For our last build I only spoke to builders who would allow me easy access (at no cost). I used my own sparky…

3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

19/11/2023
HIA Contract Clause 16.2 Delays to Carrying Out the Works Af

Building A New House

Unless there is something in special conditions the builder does not have to give you timeline. If your demolition contractor has not removed Asbestos and it was found…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum