Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home build - Carlisle Matisse 29

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Getting excited of building a Matisse 29 with Carlisle. Carlisle provides two options for the Walk in Robes based on the Facade.

1) Walk in Robe
2) Walk behind Robe with Mirror Slider Robes.

While I dont mind the facades of Carlisle,I would like to know the practicality of the walk behind Robes.

Anyone who is using the Walk behind robe with Mirror slider , Kindly share your experience.

Ta,
Hi, Matisse 29 is not a practical plan. Even I choose this first and paid deposit $2000 but after visiting someone real home of the same plan, I change my mind.

Better to view Matisse 29 first not Matisse 33. Both have many differences in real world.
amanbh
Hi, Matisse 29 is not a practical plan. Even I choose this first and paid deposit $2000 but after visiting someone real home of the same plan, I change my mind.

Better to view Matisse 29 first not Matisse 33. Both have many differences in real world.

Under the laws of Australia, the home owner is 100% responsible for the house being built in a compliant manner. Not the builder. Not the Surveyor. You the Home owner. No matter what happens on site, if there is a defect, the home owner is responsible under the Australian Legislation. The home owner contracted the builder. The home owner contracts the surveyor.

Sometimes builders don’t like being told that they are wrong and that they need to fix something. With the increase in Private Inspectors, builders seek ways to keep them off site.

Builders will use all manner of behind the scene processes to cut cost of place special conditions in a contract to try and restrict the home owners’ rights. Before you fall in love with the design, ask for a standard copy of the contract and a standard copy of the specifications. Don’t accept a brochure. You want what you are going to sign. If they don’t give it to you, then alarm bells should be ringing. Watch out for smooth talkers. They are great and diverting you away from what you want.

One of the biggest issues is builders placing terms into the contract to stop you from using who you want as a private inspector. The law states that you can use anybody as per the Building Acts. The builder cannot in most cases restrict you. The Private inspector works for you. Not the Builder. Hence the builder has no control over them.

Another is to put specifications out that are not equal to the Australian Standards. Once you commit to the design and go through the colour selections and all of the other processes, you are emotionally and time committed. At this point, generally 3 to 6 months into the process, the builder presents the contract and specifications that have all of these hidden clauses.

Pressure is applied at that time to sign on the day or you will lose such and such a bonus. Do not sign anything that has not been checked by a lawyer of your choosing.

The second a builder starts talking about special conditions or you have a large amount of specifications that have building diagrams and clauses, seek the services of a professional construction lawyer immediately. If you sign the documents, you may have given away your rights to have the home built in a manner that is compliant with the Australian Standards. Remember it is your obligation to have the home built to the requirements of the National Construction Code. Not the builders or the Surveyors.

As an example, some builders will seek to restrict your rights to use a private inspector. Others will insert what they call Performance Solutions. Or they may call them special building processes.

This warning is given to all as a way of assisting you. Deal with a quality builder that has the runs on the board. Stay away from those that seek to hide behind clauses and conditions. Research the internet and see who is doing what in the contracts. Listen to them as they have had the heart break. Remember, just because it looks good does not make a house complaint. If it comes with conditions that are outside of the normal, then you are more than likely being suckered in.
wingriderr
Hi All,

Getting excited of building a Matisse 29 with Carlisle. Carlisle provides two options for the Walk in Robes based on the Facade.

1) Walk in Robe
2) Walk behind Robe with Mirror Slider Robes.

While I dont mind the facades of Carlisle,I would like to know the practicality of the walk behind Robes.

Anyone who is using the Walk behind robe with Mirror slider , Kindly share your experience.

Ta,

Hi, my name is Simon and we are also building a Matisse. How did yours go?
simzims do you mind sharing your experience for Matisse. we are also building matisee and i am very keen to know if you have made any major changes in design. we have done our color selection but waiting to go through Variation. we are building in Geelong.
Cheers
bjasani
@simzims do you mind sharing your experience for Matisse. we are also building matisee and i am very keen to know if you have made any major changes in design. we have done our color selection but waiting to go through Variation. we are building in Geelong.
Cheers

Hi there,
We are also looking to build Matisse 29 with Carlisle
Do you mind sharing your experience and what changes did you make in the floor plan?
Thanks
Mohit
Hi Mohit,
My apologies for not getting back to you earlier. We have build Matisse 35 with Carlisle, Overall very happy with the build. So far many little issues and imperfections which carlisle home is taking forever to resolve. we are in our new house for almost 6 months and they have still not fixed some of the issue since handover. But at the moment it's same with every builder because they have taken so much work and shortage of tradies is accumulating the delays.
I am happy with the build quality and in terms of changes in plan we have kept mostly same as Jubilee estate Display home.
we have added double glaze to all doors as well which was very expensive.
I have also added the sliding door to Rumpus room.
We have gone with porcelain tiles throughout including bathroom/Ensuite/Powder wall to celling tiles.
Height we have gone for 2750 and all the doors at 2340...
I have gone with Grandeur facade and it looks beautiful.
We have remove the pantry door from kitchen and added sliding door near Study same as display.

If you have anymore queries please feel free to ask away i will do my best to answer you.
Cheers
Jay
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

24/04/2024
Carlisle Building Experience

Building A New House

Carlisle use to sneak a water resistant "Performance Solution" into their contracts. Have you checked your contract for same?

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum