Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The parties have reached a mutual understanding in resolutio

Page 1 of 12
The parties have reached a mutual understanding in resolution of each of the other parties concerns
You may find the following link of interest Particularly the update in regards to 101 builders in Perth

Builders Ratings
The parties have reached a mutual understanding in resolution of each of the other parties concerns
SejaeD
Contact your local member for parliament
It's just not right that there are calls for investigations and a royal commission into High rise apartments construction
Yet Battlers & Punters building their Dream Homes are ignored and then threatened
Homeone members should stand up for what's right
I'm Eugene
Hi Simon,

I just saw your above post. I'm sorry you are going through this. How stressful for you and your family. I can't imagine how you must be feeling being in this situation. How terrible
You did the right thing by warning others. This forum is a great platform for those building houses and that's what this forum is for - to share experiences. Seems like you had pictures to back up your claims so they don't seem to have a leg to stand on. Interesting to see what sort of defense they will use to cover or justify the poor communication and work you've experienced. Anyhow, I wish you the best. I agree with above poster, A Current Affair is probably an option for you which I'm sure you've already thought of.

Good Luck!
ASJ1981

Hi Simon,

I just saw your above post. I'm sorry you are going through this. How stressful for you and your family. I can't imagine how you must be feeling being in this situation. How terrible
You did the right thing by warning others. This forum is a great platform for those building houses and that's what this forum is for - to share experiences. Seems like you had pictures to back up your claims so they don't seem to have a leg to stand on. Interesting to see what sort of defense they will use to cover or justify the poor communication and work you've experienced. Anyhow, I wish you the best. I agree with above poster, A Current Affair is probably an option for you which I'm sure you've already thought of.

Good Luck!

Interesting clause about the reviews. My builder actually offered me a $100 voucher to leave a review

"Please help us achieve our customer service goals by completing an online review at www.productreview.com.au. Good or bad, all feedback is constructive and we want to hear from you in order to help others considering building a new home"
brokenstick
Interesting clause about the reviews. My builder actually offered me a $100 voucher to leave a review

"Please help us achieve our customer service goals by completing an online review at www.productreview.com.au. Good or bad, all feedback is constructive and we want to hear from you in order to help others considering building a new home"

Hi Simon,

Yes Wisdom have been fantastic. I have emailed the GM one time after hours during their Christmas shutdown and he replied to my email 1 min after sending it. I'm sure he would have put his fork down when he got my email as I sent it in the evening while he was probably having his dinner. That's how attentive they have been. I get a phone call from their Customer Service Manager within 24 hours and a resolution soon after. That's all you can really ask for from a builder who is building your dream home, that you have entrusted your faith in.
ASJ1981
Hi Simon,

Yes Wisdom have been fantastic. I have emailed the GM one time after hours during their Christmas shutdown and he replied to my email 1 min after sending it. I'm sure he would have put his fork down when he got my email as I sent it in the evening while he was probably having his dinner. That's how attentive they have been. I get a phone call from their Customer Service Manager within 24 hours and a resolution soon after. That's all you can really ask for from a builder who is building your dream home, that you have entrusted your faith in.

That's fantastic. I am so impressed with that.

When I was working for the company that bought back Clarendon in 2012, I made a similar recommendation to them as the previous owners were suffering from terrible reviews.

It makes such a difference to how the public perceives a business. old fashioned customer service, and the customer is always right...even if they are not!
Simon,

Good luck in the court, I am quite sure you can provide right set of arguments to easily win the case.
Make sure you get back enough from them to cover the cost of your lawyers, inspectors as well as the time and nerves lost on fighting them.

Can you also demand them to return your money back, so you could switch the builder?
Hi Simon,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Building a house is never without issues, however for the most part, one would like it to be a happy and exciting time.

Bit like paying for a brand new Porsche and receiving a hail damaged one?? No thank you.
Sejae,
I do feel for you and hope you come to a resolution.
In regards to wisdom homes, they actually were taken to the ACCC and were forced to remove the clause form their contract that did not allow customers to post here or on product review, so while you currently see the end result of that ruling, they had gagged all their customers for over 5 years until the little people fought back....
https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/w ... ract-terms
Related
17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum