Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building will th Wisdom Homes

Page 1 of 1
We have just picked up that WH have put jhobs around our shores even though we have fully frameless shower screens. We asked for our shower screens to be exactly like the master suite in the display home. Can the hobs be easily removed? Would like to get it rectified before they start tiling.
Mish018
We have just picked up that WH have put jhobs around our shores even though we have fully frameless shower screens. We asked for our shower screens to be exactly like the master suite in the display home. Can the hobs be easily removed? Would like to get it rectified before they start tiling.

Depends what’s in your end panel. Fully frameless isn’t removing the hobs. They are two different things.
Manhattan52
Mish018

Depends what’s in your end panel. Fully frameless isn’t removing the hobs. They are two different things.

I will check our end panel but when going through the display home with the sales assistant who put together our tender we specified the fully frameless as per the display home we walked through - Majestic at Oran Park which does not have a hob.
Mish018
Manhattan52
Mish018

I will check our end panel but when going through the display home with the sales assistant who put together our tender we specified the fully frameless as per the display home we walked through - Majestic at Oran Park which does not have a hob.[/quote

There would have been a charge associated to remove the hob also. Your construction plans will also show what you have. If it’s on your end panel then they have to remove the hob. If not then your stuck with it unfortunately.
Great - being someone who is not familiar with construction plans, I probably didn’t realise and just assumed you would get what you initially had asked for. Clearly the person who put together our tender should have stated that showers would have hobs and would have specifically asked for them to be removed when we told her showers had to be as per the master en-suite display. Clearly she didn’t listen and we were stupid enough to not triple check everything and have our construction plans explained to us.
edited
Not uncommon unfortunately. We loved the Wisdom Manhattan but a workmate built with them and didn't enjoy the experience at all. That was enough to put us off...
Chellos
Not uncommon unfortunately. We loved the Wisdom Manhattan but a workmate built with them and didn't enjoy the experience at all. That was enough to put us off...

We are in the process of selecting a house/builder. The problem we've got is pretty much every builder has somebody who had a bad/horrible experience, I've heard that for Meriton, Wisdom and others. In other words, what is the best approach to keep the b... honest? Do I engage a Builder Inspector and fork the $2000? Does this work? Does anybody have any good experience with any Company to share?
malypetu
Chellos

We are in the process of selecting a house/builder. The problem we've got is pretty much every builder has somebody who had a bad/horrible experience, I've heard that for Meriton, Wisdom and others. In other words, what is the best approach to keep the b... honest? Do I engage a Builder Inspector and fork the $2000? Does this work? Does anybody have any good experience with any Company to share?

Not sure if they build in your area but I am a couple of weeks away from finishing a build with Hall and Hart Homes and we have had a good experience, I would build with them again.
kjane
malypetu
Chellos

Not sure if they build in your area but I am a couple of weeks away from finishing a build with Hall and Hart Homes and we have had a good experience, I would build with them again.

funny you should say that, the two companies that seem to have the best reviews are Hall & hart and Betterbuilt.

Having said that, I would never ever use a volume house builder again and would get my own plans drawn up and use a smaller builder ( which there are some really good ones going around)
kjane
malypetu
Chellos

I haven't considered them but I will take a look at their designs
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum