Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Engineered flooring options

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

We are getting engineered timber flooring (can't do solid on current budget / height restrictions) and we are tossing up between Quick Step and Boral, either in Blackbutt or Spotted Gum. Thinking of going with a Matte finish, maybe in XL planks. Has anyone had experience with any of these options and could you post some pictures if possible?

Thanks in advance
We put satin finish Boral spotted gum in XL size down as n our last house. Lived there for 10 years and floor looked as good as new after 10 years. Had strict shoes off policy in the house though and no pets inside. Was minor moral in kitchen where I dropped heavy item. But any floor would have suffered from that. Cleaned floor with hot (not boiling water) drop of detergent and dash of metho. Can’t post pic sorry as sold 3 years ago. Would definitely do it again.
Thanks so much for your reply. We've finally put a deposit down and selected the matte finish in blackbutt. Fingers crossed
Good choice - matte finish is trendy and has less reflection and has lesser smudge effect that higher sheen finishes suffer from. we will have spotted gum matte finish but we love blackbutt as equally.
STK114 Would you mind sharing cost per square meter?
MoSydney
STK114 Would you mind sharing cost per square meter?

Hey, it was about $115 not including installation. Pretty expensive
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum