Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Sentosa 52 Modified

Page 1 of 24
Hi everyone!

I'm building my first house. I bought a small corner plot of land in Westbrook in Truganina. (652 sqm). I wanted a corner plot for more privacy and to allow for more natural light into the house. I selected the Sentosa 52 design as I'm in love with the voids and how spacious the house feels. I also love the layout, it is very practical for me. In terms of look, I was going more towards neutral and practical (so lots of white and light grey), with the external looking a lot like the one they have on their website(Sentosa 52 facades), shades of greys. I like it cause it looks contemporary and very practical. For the void at the entrance I went with the copper stainless steel globes, one large and one smaller. I will be adding a modern chandelier/lamp feature for the kitchen island during post. I’ve also selected the Modern Facade.

This experience has been a very challenging experience, especially since I'm quite indecisive (lol) as well as cause I'm doing it on my own. (Been single for a while now)
As much research I've done I'm still constantly amazed by how much more there is to be done or to learn. So kudos to all of you, have so much respect for people building their own houses. It can be extremely stressful.

I've just gone for all my selections (electricals, internal and external) although there were still a few things that was missed. Thankfully it is the holidays so I have some extra time to make amendments.

My options/upgrades:

Great choice! You uploaded the lower floor plans twice. Keen to see your upstairs setup.
Whoops! Updated with the 1st floor plan. If there's anything missing please let me know.

I will be adding one more downlight on the ground floor and two more on the first floor. I do like a bright house.
Are you planning on putting pendants over the beach? If so did you put it provision?

Not exactly pendents, I was thinking of installing this and yup, already asked for a provision for it.

Was thinking of installing this

The modern design that I picked. Colours will be kinda similar.

Some of my external colour selections

And this is the main tile that would be used for the ground floor:

Love your selections.
I especially love the ceilings downstairs at 3m and upstairs at 2.7m. Have they quoted you on prices?
Consider also hebel powerfloor as a flooring replacement to standard yellowtongue. It will eliminate the noise of people walking upstairs.
Thanks so much!

Yeah they quoted me the prices, I can't remember how much it was offhand but I recall it being very costly. Probably more than $20k on top of what was already provided.

I did get some sound insulation but not the hebel one, trying to keep costs down.

With the bar area next to the home theatre I was hoping to do something like this:
(Probably not as classy, lol I still have a budget to maintan)

Hoping to install this starlight feature eventually too:

While on the short wall (towards the back of the home theatre room on the 1st floor) facing the stairs I was planning to install two light boxes as well

Haha as you can see I'm crazy about movies. I'm hoping I can make it all happen. It's been my dream to have an awesome home theatre room.
You have the same idea as me. Planning on the led with the stars as well. And making a step up.

Your main tile looks like my bathrooms tiles.

starlight ceilings ahh... my dream HT room.
Will be getting the big picture people to do that for me too.
Love starlight features. But they are so pricey. I was quoted around $6500 by the big picture people if I remember correctly. But I think it’ll be worth it 😍
Freak_Zombie
Love starlight features. But they are so pricey. I was quoted around $6500 by the big picture people if I remember correctly. But I think it’ll be worth it

What was the quote for the stars? Their systems are pretty good. As you know we got our system. Best sound. Kids are enjoying it.

$6500, was the quote for only the starlight feature. For an area of around 4m by 5 m.

I'll be reusing my own speakers and getting another company to handle the projector.
Hey guys, was thinking of keeping my light switches basic and using the cash savings for other upgrades. I'm guessing it won't be costly to upgrade the switches in the future?

Also is anyone familiar with the basic range of metricon light switches? Apparently there's two options? Does anyone have pix? That would be much appreciated!
Freak_Zombie
$6500, was the quote for only the starlight feature. For an area of around 4m by 5 m.

I'll be reusing my own speakers and getting another company to handle the projector.

Wow that’s a lot way too expensive for what it is. I think it’s cheaper too install it yourself.

Doulton777
Freak_Zombie

Wow that’s a lot way too expensive for what it is. I think it’s cheaper too install it yourself.

Unfortunately I don't have the expertise to fix it myself
Freak_Zombie
Doulton777
Freak_Zombie

Unfortunately I don't have the expertise to fix it myself
/quote]

Apparently it’s not hard to install. We got told by the ones who supply it. You never know. A few YouTube videos and your set too go

Freak_Zombie
Hey guys, was thinking of keeping my light switches basic and using the cash savings for other upgrades. I'm guessing it won't be costly to upgrade the switches in the future?

Also is anyone familiar with the basic range of metricon light switches? Apparently there's two options? Does anyone have pix? That would be much appreciated!

Yes don't bother upgrading with Metricon the light switches. We did which cost a fortune just for me to later on remove them and, upgraded them again myself to wifi connected ones so I could turn on and off the lights with Google home. Did all the switches myself, very easy. So if you wanted to do it later, it's very easy.

The only thing I had issues with the wifi enabled switches is 2 or 3 way switches. I ended up getting rid of any 2/3 way switches, replaced with a single, cause i could control lights with my voice anyways. But if you don't plan to use wifi, then no problems.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum