Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bare Minimum Electrical during Build

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am looking for suggestions to save some money, I am building a Investment home and looking for suggestions what is bare minimum should i take from builder and then do the rest after handover
Here are the Details
1: Single Story house
2: Steel frame
Attaching floor plan

Here what I am thinking ,
1:-Get the all possible double power points from builder as i think its easier to get this done during build.
2: All bedrooms with single bayonet light fitting so that it can be replaced with oyster type light after handover.
3: 2 or 3 Bayonet light fitting in Kitchen Living Area and One each in all other areas where we need future downlights.

Need suggestion on bathroom ducted exhaust fans is it easy possible to get it done from outside as Builder is charging 435$ each for ducted Exhaust fan which i feel is bit high

I guess the bare minimum is what is required to get the occupancy certificate?
Batten Fittings (not bayonet) works well as lights for most rooms. I used oyster fittings afterwards which are fairly cheap.

Most builders standard power outlets are fairly basic so not much to cut there.

Exhaust fans can be a pain to fit later and electricians to install them charge like a wounded bull so not much saving there.
Is this place being sold as soon as it's done, or will there be tenants?

Only asking because there are possible tax implications … eg. if you need to get electrical repairs done after tenants have moved in (which I think may even include some capital works - but check that, it's been literally years since I had to worry about that stuff) then it can be claimed as a tax offset against rent, whereas the cost of stuff during building can only be claimed when you sell the joint.
Just a thought, anyhoo.
Related
27/12/2023
‘Basement’ waterproofing bare bricks

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

to do it properly you need to dig out the garden and waterproof the outside of the wall. There are some products you can put on the face of the bricks but the water is…

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

29/10/2023
Sewer line minimum depth in NSW

Building A New House

Hi, only for walking. It is a narrow 1.5m paved area next to house.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum