Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cupboard door gaps

Page 1 of 1
I’m building with Henley and the kitchen and vanities were installed last week. Overall look and colorscheme looks nice, but the quality of workmanship is poor. Vanities are showing a ring of white around all the drawers as they were cut too narrow and the kitchen pot draws are badly misaligned. Kitchen cupboard doors also have widely varying gaps. Anyone else have this...and what was the outcome?

Have you asked the builder yet?
I'm not saying this is the answer, but maybe they just put everything together for installation & they haven't yet aligned all the hinges & runners?
SAFA1
I’m building with Henley and the kitchen and vanities were installed last week. Overall look and colorscheme looks nice, but the quality of workmanship is poor. Vanities are showing a ring of white around all the drawers as they were cut too narrow and the kitchen pot draws are badly misaligned. Kitchen cupboard doors also have widely varying gaps. Anyone else have this...and what was the outcome?

+1, ours were all over the place and before handover everything was adjusted. After moving in we got the cabinet makers back in to adjust a few others. Don’t stress too much as the house is still under construction.

Hi,

As stated above, talk with your builder in the first instance. It’s always hard as a builder having people walk through before they have defected so this may not be an issue.... however, it is probably worthwhile having the defect noted in writing now.

Hope this helps.
Danny
Thanks all for your feedback. Gives me a bit of comfort. I sent pics to the supervisor who agreed it wasn’t the best quality work and would be fixed. The island is also skew to the cooktop bench by a few cm (picked up by my independent surveyor) so added this to the list of things need to be fixed up.
Related
26/04/2024
Overhead cupboard door size in Kitchen – which is better

Kitchen Corner

Bigger the better for storage for me IMO. But I guess it's harder to tell the cost/benefit in your example - mainly the 'cost'? If you go 700mm, what are you doing extra…

1/10/2023
Pest Proofing Ventilation gaps in brick veneer home

General Discussion

Brass fly wire, you will need to cut it, shape it and jam it into brick slots

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum