Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Choosing Right Bricks for 1st House

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, we're getting our first double storey home built by Indigo Homes, and wondering what color bricks should we be going for. Initially we've decided to for PGH Moon dust bricks as we were planning to go for a lighter brick house and a white weatherboard for the first floor.
However we've also come across dark colored brick homes which actually turn out to be equally impressive. Thinking of either Breaking Dawn bricks/ Eclipse/ Grey Stone.
We're still very indecisive bout the brick color.
Has anyone used Breaking Dawn bricks for their home? does it give out a brownish tinge of color?

We may go for rendering in a couple of years so thinking will the color choice of the bricks affect it?
Hi RileyR, have you come to a conclusion? We're almost at lockup stage and have used PGH Eclipse. For our builder they are an included brick at .74c each. Breaking Dawn is the same cost and is likely also included, but is definitely browner. I've just posted some photos. I hope this helps make your decision easier! http://www.buildinginbrisbane.com.au/new-build/nearing-lockup/
Related
5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

17/06/2023
Right sand to use?

Paving & Concreting

I'm putting a new floor in my kitchen, slate flagging on a standard concrete slab. I have allowed for a bed thickness of up to 20mm to accommodate the different…

27/02/2024
Does this quote seem right? Turf + landscaping

Landscape & Garden Design

They using concrete or timber sleepers? Timber or steel uprights? Any drainage behind sleeper?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum