Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alfresco in the middle of the floor plan

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone. I am trying to design my dream home according to the R code. I have a narrow 10m frontage block and would like to have a long alfresco in the middle-right side of the house as shown below. From R code, it says open space needs to be unenclosed on at least two sides. In this case, is this area not an open space even it is non-habitable?

appreciate for any response. Thank you!

Garen Kay
Hello everyone. I am trying to design my dream home according to the R code. I have a narrow 10m frontage block and would like to have a long alfresco in the middle-right side of the house as shown below. From R code, it says open space needs to be unenclosed on at least two sides. In this case, is this area not an open space even it is non-habitable?

appreciate for any response. Thank you!

Get stratco to give you a quote I'm getting one added on to my new home when its finished they have great designs just send them your plans they have many designs

I don't think there is anything wrong with it and if anything you would be protected by the wind - the only thing I wouldn't like is that the fence line is too close and no real 'view'.
Is this a site coverage issue? Council will include covered alfresco in site cover calculations.
There is some sort of guideline/regulation that requires your living areas to have direct access to backyard. Plz check if this is achieved in your plan.
Related
4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

7/10/2023
Floor plan feedback

Building A New House

Hi there! Absolutely agree on the wasted space. We have no desire for the master to be that oversized, but it occurred when we increased the depth of the garage. We have…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum