Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes – Lisbon 25, Hervey Bay / QLD - PCI

Page 1 of 4
Currently i am living down in Victoria, but with my parents living up in Hervey Bay i have decided to make the move up north to where it is warmer and having already spent quite a bit of time in Hervey Bay over the years I enjoy it up there, so it is time to make the move and build a new house.

I looked at quite a few builders and settled on Coral Homes, i really liked their designs.

After lots of looking at their plans i decided on the Lisbon 25, i wanted the master at the rear of the house as i am not a fan of the main room at the front like a lot of designs have.

As i work away a lot my parents will be at the front line of most of the build, I have already gone up to the selection center to have a look at the ranges and get an idea before doing the contracts and starting the build.

Contracts are due back around the 17th August so will be looking at getting the build started as quickly as possible with hopefully handover in Feb 2019.

16/08/2018 - Plans received and contracts sent to sales consultant.
21/08/2018 - House Contracts Signed - Await block settlement 24/08
24/08/2018 - Block Settled
12/09/2018 - Tile Appointment
20/09/2018 - Color Appointment & Electrical.
02/11/2018 - Site Cut Started
07/11/2018 - Piers Complete
09/11/2018 - Plumbing Complete
15/11/2018 - Slab Framed Up, Ready to Pour
16/11/2018 - Slab Poured
26/11/2018 - Frame Started
13/12/2018 - Roof Complete / Windows In
07/03/2018 - PCI

This is the original plan but it has been flipped for the block it will be on.

As i said i flew up to visit the selection center on the Gold Coast just to get an idea of everything and just in case i was away for work when my appointment was, then my folks would know the colors and everything i was looking at.

These are the original colors i had picked when i was at the selection center.
Brick Uluru.

Since i found this forum a week ago and noticed a few people using the color touch website i think i have changed my mind and will be looking more in to it over the next week while i wait for the contracts to come back.

I think i more like the below colors, the brick is blue steel flash, with basalt gutters/fascia.

This is the block of land where i am building.

So the adventure begins.
Plans received on the 16th August.

Few things that need to be checked with the sales consultant, but everything else looks good by me.

There was supposed to be bricks above the front windows and also will be changing the kitchen bench to waterfall benches.

All the best with the build. We are also building in Hervey Bay, hopefully handover in around 4-5 weeks.
Good luck with your build. We just finished building the Grange 25 north of Brisbane and are very happy. Saw the Lisbon 31 on display at North Harbour and it is a lovely design.
Thanks all, I am looking forward to getting it moving.

All of the first bits, paperwork etc just takes so long. Once the slab is down i will feel like it is actually happening.

I just need to finally decide on colors, since joining this forum my ideas for colors and everything have just gone out the window.
Booked in for tile appointment for the 12th and color & electrical on the 20th September.

Have been mucking around with plans of what i think i want in regards to electrical and lighting, any opinions from anyone would be great as i want to get it sorted before the electrical appointment and always good to get a fresh set of eyes.

GarethB
Booked in for tile appointment for the 12th and color & electrical on the 20th September.

Have been mucking around with plans of what i think i want in regards to electrical and lighting, any opinions from anyone would be great as i want to get it sorted before the electrical appointment and always good to get a fresh set of eyes.

Looks OK,
Just remember with lighting to watch where you cast a shadow if you have overhead lighting. Include as many power points as you can, including hallways for things like vacuum cleaners, future lamps etc. Electrical is expensive. Here are some sample costs from our build:

Credit for unused batten lights - $89 ea
Downlights - $146 ea
12W LED up/down lights for the facade - $254
20W LED outside floodlight - $202
Dimmer Switch - $120
2 way light switch - $60
Double powerpoint - $90 ea
Square white exhaust fan - $195 ea
Wire and install owner supplied pendant light - $133
Wire and install owner supplied fan - $167
Additional Light circuit - $222 ea
Additional power circuit - $213 ea
Outside power connection/junction box - $353

It can quickly add up.
Yeah i am figuring electrical will add up very quickly, i put a decent allowance in the contract to start with but no doubt will blow that out of the water anyway, but i would rather get it all done now instead of regretting it later on and getting items installed at a later date.

Hoping if i have a rough plan when the electrical appointment rolls around they will be able to advise if that is enough or not enough coverage etc.

Where i work i have quite a few sparkies around so i am going to also pick their brains hopefully today on it all, just need to find one that has done housing and not just our industrial stuff.
GarethB
Yeah i am figuring electrical will add up very quickly, i put a decent allowance in the contract to start with but no doubt will blow that out of the water anyway, but i would rather get it all done now instead of regretting it later on and getting items installed at a later date.

Hoping if i have a rough plan when the electrical appointment rolls around they will be able to advise if that is enough or not enough coverage etc.

Where i work i have quite a few sparkies around so i am going to also pick their brains hopefully today on it all, just need to find one that has done housing and not just our industrial stuff.

Yep, we went with a plan for our electrical and it went very smoothly and was much more enjoyable than the colour appointment where we thought we were well organised (having made an earlier Saturday visit) but kept getting hit from left field with decisions that had to be made on the spot.
Yeah i am figuring that, i went for a look at the showroom and the girls gave me a hand there but it was so overwhelming with all the colors.

I know what color palates i am looking at now so i am hoping that if i have picked the main items the consultants there will be able to make it all blend together as they know what they are looking at a lot more than i would with what works with what.

Me i am more wanting to make sure all my wiring and everything is installed and i have enough points for all my nerd gadgets and networking gear.
We spent $7500 on our Grange 25. We put downlights in every room, 4 fans and panel lighting in the garage. We also put downlights in the eaves for the sides of the house, so you can walk down the side at night. There is a copy of our electrical plan on our page - https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91042
GarethB
Yeah i am figuring that, i went for a look at the showroom and the girls gave me a hand there but it was so overwhelming with all the colors.

I know what color palates i am looking at now so i am hoping that if i have picked the main items the consultants there will be able to make it all blend together as they know what they are looking at a lot more than i would with what works with what.

Me i am more wanting to make sure all my wiring and everything is installed and i have enough points for all my nerd gadgets and networking gear.

The people that put our phone/data point in (HEQ Comms and Data) also approached us to see if we had any further data requirements, which we did. So we had additional data points installed ($179/point avg) and a patch panel in the NBN cabinet. We arranged our NBN cabinet with Clipsal, but as we found out later the electrician also had options for us in this regard. I am supplying my own network switch will go in the NBN cabinet and the wireless router will be in the Media Room. USB points were arranged with Clipsal - $188 with double power-point.
I am removing all data points in the house and wiring it all myself, i have a cabling license so will save me quite a lot of money as they charge a fortune to wire it up, i have a lot of gear going in with the NBN box running straight in to my cabinet which will be in the garage which will house all my networking equipment.

I have jumped the gun and already purchased all my equipment i am installing, 9 security cameras 2 wireless roof mount access points, POE switch, NVR and list goes on to what will be installed.

bestspecials
We spent $7500 on our Grange 25. We put downlights in every room, 4 fans and panel lighting in the garage. We also put downlights in the eaves for the sides of the house, so you can walk down the side at night. There is a copy of our electrical plan on our page - https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91042

Its good to hear what others spend on their lighting and being able to see other plans, i just had a look at yours. Gives me a lot better idea what i have coming up.
GarethB
I am removing all data points in the house and wiring it all myself, i have a cabling license so will save me quite a lot of money as they charge a fortune to wire it up, i have a lot of gear going in with the NBN box running straight in to my cabinet which will be in the garage which will house all my networking equipment.

I have jumped the gun and already purchased all my equipment i am installing, 9 security cameras 2 wireless roof mount access points, POE switch, NVR and list goes on to what will be installed.

Although you have an appropriate licence, I would be making sure that Coral will allow you to do this work yourself as they have some very hard and fast rules about who can have access to the site during the build process. Insurances may be a key issue here.
I will probably be doing it after its handed over to save any issues, but yes if the time comes and they allow me to do it during the build i will be doing it.

I do not live in the area i am building and won't be moving there until it is built so it will more than likely be done by myself after i have moved in up there.
Here is our electrical plan for the Grange 29.
bestspecials

Those eave downlights work so well. Good inclusion.
So today i managed to pin down a couple of the electricians at work and they gave me some ideas and advice on lighting plan, they said my power points and everything was good but just did some slight changes to lighting and added some additional lighting as well.

Also just a couple idea for lights starting to happen, mainly the ones i have found on the forums that i really like.

They also suggest some under cabinet strip lighting for the kitchen which i think i will look in to as it looks great in the photos i have seen.

Want to be fully prepared before the lighting appointment.

Today was the tile appointment, i had pre-selected most tiles before the appointment it was just the fine tuning and everything for laying.

As i work away i couldn't be at the appointment so had to rely on phone calls and photos to be sent while i was at work.

All in all in think it came up quite well.

Starting from the back.

1. Darker tile for kitchen back splash in herringbone lay.
2. Slighter lighter tile for features in both bathrooms & laundry with brick pattern lay
3. Floor tile.
4. Shower tiles

Hopefully it comes up looking great.

Next is color & electrical appointment next week.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum