Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Slab Class different over 2 years and two different builder

Page 1 of 1
We are a knock down rebuild in Dundas Valley in NSW. We did a tender with a building company two years ago on our home with Builder A, we got soil test and survey, on the documents our slab class was H2 on the plan and M class on the site costs in contract.
Just recently engaged another builder to do a soil test and the soil class has come back 'P class'. The soil tester was the same one as two years ago as his number came up in my phone.
Does this seem odd ? I can't see the exact price difference in the tenders but it must be quite a bit more ?
Anyone else had this ?
We got classed at a p just because it dash a kdr. Our actual soil test was something else (can't remember)

Venusta
Welcome to the forum, beware of Price Gouging, & check with fair trading
If you have paid for the original soil report just use that with another builder
BTW, you may not see a price difference at the tender stage unless you have all the engineering changes priced up
That usually follows at contract signing as a variation
Related
4/05/2024
Thickening a wall with two different types of walls behind

General Discussion

I might be misunderstanding.... but I would be more inclined to cut a section out from the cinder block wall and place the cistern in the cinder block wall. Very messy job…

15/12/2023
Getting home built - Is H1 class waffle pod slab ok?

Building A New House

The Soil classification has little to do with piers. The purpose of the classing of the soil is to identify the clay content and the "average expected range of movement…

11/11/2023
Window infill/ rendering over different substrates

General Discussion

yep you need a joint, foam is easiest, will look fine once rendered with a joint.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum