Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Have they forgotten to put bricks on top of the window?

Page 1 of 1

Have they forgotten to put bricks on top of this window?
What is the finish of the house?
arcadelt
What is the finish of the house?

will be all bricks, all grey just like the other bricks
So not rendered?
arcadelt
So not rendered?

correct not rendered
Then I am at a loss. If it was to be rendered I thought they might put in blue/villa board - but if it’s brick finish, then I do not know why there are no bricks there already.
arcadelt
Then I am at a loss. If it was to be rendered I thought they might put in blue/villa board - but if it’s brick finish, then I do not know why there are no bricks there already.

same I am at a loss too
Looks to me like the brickies and the window supplier might have had different ideas about either the correct head height, or the window height - the brickwork, including articulation joint, are finished off for a window with a head height one course higher than has been installed.

How does the height of the top of the opening compare to your other window openings (i.e. is it on the same course of bricks), and how does the size of the supplied window compare to what's on your plans?
This is our bathroom window and we had a big gap also. The builder installed an aluminium infill.

We have a tiled window reveal in our bathroom and the bath hob height dictated the window height so even though window sizes are calculated to fit brick dimensions, it threw the placement of the window out and we ended up with infill.

Mrs_W
This is our bathroom window and we had a big gap also. The builder installed an aluminium infill.

We have a tiled window reveal in our bathroom and the bath hob height dictated the window height so even though window sizes are calculated to fit brick dimensions, it threw the placement of the window out and we ended up with infill.

Yes they are installing an infill on this window too. Problem solved. Thanks for the response.

Was this done very late in the build, or done at the same time the bricks were installed?
epitome
Mrs_W

Yes they are installing an infill on this window too. Problem solved. Thanks for the response.

Was this done very late in the build, or done at the same time the bricks were installed?

You’re welcome.

Right at the end. It was outstanding when they came to inspect for the Occupancy Permit, and they wouldn’t issue the OP without the infill.

Mrs_W
epitome
Mrs_W

You’re welcome.

Right at the end. It was outstanding when they came to inspect for the Occupancy Permit, and they wouldn’t issue the OP without the infill.

I think they should do it straight away as soon as the bricks are done as dirt, rain, insects could get into the gap. Unless there is a valid reason to leave it to the end, i'll be requesting this gets done straight away.
Related
1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

14/04/2024
Anyone recently put in a new shower with bench seat?

Bathrooms and Laundry

I’m loving the potential versatility and practicality of a bench seat in a shower. Anyone had one of these done recently? Not sure if they are straight forward and easy…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum