Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Washington 32 with Wisdom Homes In the Catherine Pk

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys!

Long time reader of the forum, thought i would use it to ask some questions and also provide some info for others on our build.. We are building the Washington 32 with Wisdom Homes in the Catherine Park Estate, I will share more about our journey so far but have a question for you all to see if anyone else has been in this situation before.. We have purchased the land and have been to all our colour appointments etc everything has ben signed off, we are pretty much waiting for the slab to go down now, but have been advised by Wisdom the below..

Quote:
The external provider that co-ordinates our Waterboard Approvals has advised that due to the size of the development, Sydney Water have a backlog of sewer information to upload onto their system. With new developments like this going up at such a fast rate, this could sometimes take months.

Unfortunately, the provision of a ‘Tap In’ Waterboard Approval has nothing to do with whether or not the land is registered.
Upon your request the external provider that co-ordinates our Waterboard Approvals can email Sydney Water to request that they update their information. Please note that requests regarding case projects (such as yours) are generally actioned within 20 business days.

In order to move forward, there are 2 options:

1/ Wait for the Tap In system to be updated (however please note, there is no guarantee that once the system is updated, Sydney Water will grant approval)

2/ Achieve approval through WSC assessment

has anyone been in this situation before and can give us any advise on the best way going forward?

Wisdom have asked us to pay them roughly $1000 to get a their own external provider to do what Sydney Water have already done but haven't uploaded it to the 'tap in system' to get the ball rolling.. it's a bit of a catch because if we don't pay it and move forward quickly we go over the point of where we will need to pay per month until the build starts..

TIA for your thoughts!

If anyones wants to follow our build you can check out our Instagram page its @our_newhome18
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum