Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Two Wells Dechellis Build

Page 1 of 10
Can't wait till we can start building here! We signed our contract January last year and it was meant to be ready June last year so we are so so keen.
Wow.. I think I would have gone crazy waiting that long! We only signed a few months ago.
Monkey55
Wow.. I think I would have gone crazy waiting that long! We only signed a few months ago.

It's been a hard wait but we will be better off for it
Hi Nicole,

Are you ready to start building as soon as the titles are done?
Monkey55
Hi Nicole,

Hey,

We are meeting with our builder to sign our contract this weekend and hopefully if everything goes okay selections might be in the next few weeks (I'm just guessing and hoping!). We would still have to wait for approval from the council and estate so maybe a couple of months still.

How about you? Have you locked in with Statesman?

Oh and our footings only came back as 4K more than what was in the standard costs because we needed thicker steel beams so that was really good news!
How exciting!
We are signing with Format this weekend. Their pre-build timeframe is 6 months, which sucks a bit. They have allowed 25k for footings, so hopefully it doesn't go over that!
Monkey55
How exciting!
We are signing with Format this weekend. Their pre-build timeframe is 6 months, which sucks a bit. They have allowed 25k for footings, so hopefully it doesn't go over that!

We can't wait! Between our mortgage broker, conveyancer and the real estate agents they must think I'm so annoying with all the emails I send but it's been a long wait and we are so close.

6 months wow! That seems like a really long time but time is going so quick so I'm sure it will be here before you know it.
Yeah, hopefully council plays nice and it goes through a touch quicker!

Ah so exciting the road is getting so much closer 🀭 Cannot wait for Daffodil road to be developed

So good to see some sort of progress πŸ˜€
NicolleAW
Monkey55
Hi Nicole,

Hey,

We are meeting with our builder to sign our contract this weekend and hopefully if everything goes okay selections might be in the next few weeks (I'm just guessing and hoping!). We would still have to wait for approval from the council and estate so maybe a couple of months still.

Oh and our footings only came back as 4K more than what was in the standard costs because we needed thicker steel beams so that was really good news!

Hey Nicolle,
Just reading this again... Do you mean that your footings are only 4k more than the standard S class that's in the base price, or 4k more than the original quote?
What footings do Dechellis include as standard?
Cheers
Jolly
Ah so exciting the road is getting so much closer 🀭 Cannot wait for Daffodil road to be developed

So good to see some sort of progress πŸ˜€

Basically selections, a bit of paper work and then council approval left for us, we are so stoked!!!

What time line are they giving for Daffodil to be done? I would have thought considering how long our stage was delayed they would do many stages at once in the civil works.
Monkey55
NicolleAW
Monkey55
Hi Nicole,

Hey,

Hey Nicolle,
Just reading this again... Do you mean that your footings are only 4k more than the standard S class that's in the base price, or 4k more than the original quote?
What footings do Dechellis include as standard?
Cheers

Heya Monkey55,

The first quote didn't actually say what the contingency amount was but after the engineers it was only 6K more, (sorry I got my numbers wrong). So extra $6395 on footings but our builder has just absorbed some of that so it's only 4K more that we actually have to pay.

Our first quote had 'Contingency allowance for footings above standard - beams up to 600mm deep & 1 x12mm Top & 1 x 12 Bottom, with single mesh & 100mm slab'. After the engineers had been turned out we need 28mm thick steel top and bottom not 12mm.

Hope that helps!
On my recent addendum to contract date working towards is 31st October for title release, so not to far.

I’m guessing the do all works in the set stages rather then complete multiple stages at once ?

We went for a look yesterday so exciting to see the road down and light posts,and so many contractors up doing works on the houses on Magnolia Boulevard πŸ™€
Jolly
On my recent addendum to contract date working towards is 31st October for title release, so not to far.

I’m guessing the do all works in the set stages rather then complete multiple stages at once ?

We went for a look yesterday so exciting to see the road down and light posts,and so many contractors up doing works on the houses on Magnolia Boulevard πŸ™€

October's not that far away now, hopefully it doesn't get pushed back.

Our original contract said we were meant to settle 30th June 2017 and here we are a year later only a couple of weeks from officially owning it.
NicolleAW
Jolly

October's not that far away now, hopefully it doesn't get pushed back.

Our original contract said we were meant to settle 30th June 2017 and here we are a year later only a couple of weeks from officially owning it.

Oh that is a very big difference, that must’ve been so frustrating just waiting for so long. I hope everything runs smoothly from now on for you

Fingers crossed 🀞🏻 I’ll be happy as long as we get the title and soil tests completed before end of year
Settlement went through on Friday! Woop woop!

We have our final selections appointments with Dechellis on 10/07 and then 13/07 and hopefully our build will start about 5 weeks after that.
How exciting!
We still have 5 months or so of planning etc to get through.
But owning the land is nice!
Aw time will go so quick! I’m sure we will be in our homes before we know it 😊
Our block is ready and waiting and we are currently waiting on council approval.

External colours selected and we are in LOVE!!!

Bricks: PGH Oyster with white mortar and white sand
Roof and garage: Colourbond Monument
Render: Colourbond Surfmist
Aluminum window and door frames: black

Related
29/05/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

What is the distance between the island and the bench please?

4/03/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

there is a few calculators you can use if you just google it

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum